Sign in to follow this  
chstamos

LED fans with a switch

chstamos    0

LED fans usually look good on cases, especially those with clear sidepanels, but there are times and places where they eventually become an annoyance. For those of us who like the LED effect, but not the idea of sleeping with a bedlight :D, perhaps Coolermaster could create LED fans with a simple on/off switch?

Maxession    1

Yeah, that would be nice, I even think those exist allready (or else it was some mod project I saw...).

That will mean that there will have to be new fans(with 1 extra cable) and a function device/controller (for multiple fans their leds and speeds), would be cool.

Anyway, now I'm using a big cardboard in front of my case, when I'm looking at a movie in the evening... :roll:

EDIT: ah, hadn't seen Ron's message, well now I know where I saw those fans... :lol:

Well, they should make a front controller for multiple fans, so you don't need to go to the back of your case. (Aerogate IV someone?)

chstamos    0

That's great... as well as a bit embarassing. In my defense, the webpage lists them as new so they can't have been out for too long... right? :)

Any idea when those are going to hit Greek retailers? Suggestions of European e-tailers who ship to Greece would be welcome, too.

knud    128
Yeah, that would be nice, I even think those exist allready (or else it was some mod project I saw...).

That will mean that there will have to be new fans(with 1 extra cable) and a function device/controller (for multiple fans their leds and speeds), would be cool.

Anyway, now I'm using a big cardboard in front of my case, when I'm looking at a movie in the evening... :roll:

EDIT: ah, hadn't seen Ron's message, well now I know where I saw those fans... :lol:

Well, they should make a front controller for multiple fans, so you don't need to go to the back of your case. (Aerogate IV someone?)

The LED fan ON/OFF with control panel can control up to 3 fans.

Maybe we can make it into an 5.25 bay, sometime...

I use UV fans, so I can easily turn off the CCFL and watch a movie without the cardboard. :lol: