Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Cat

C'mon, help a newbie out.

BroChaos    0

omg, used the whole tube????????

thats really funny, not to be mean and laugh at you guys or your friend....

but i guess, if you don't know, and there aren't good instructions, you think hey, they give you a tube, and they know you only have one processor/heatsink, so you should probably use the whole thing up...

xsoft    0

that's not all,

the thermal probe of my thermal monitor get lose so i want to reatach it to the sink and when i remove the heatsink come with the procesor too...and what a mess, i clean a little but since then i have 5C more of temp.... :roll:

that's the reason i want to change the thermal compund...

mrhappyman    0

50-60??? WTF man are you serious, that is terrible for me lol. Mine runs at 20-24 and only gets to 30 when I am running Doom3 with other progs.

Mr. Miyagi    2
50-60??? WTF man are you serious, that is terrible for me lol. Mine runs at 20-24 and only gets to 30 when I am running Doom3 with other progs.

Well what's your specs? He's also probably using stock cooling. What cooling solution are you using? Air or water?

Karma Ghost    0

You can get some really nice air cooling at about that level if you have a killer ambient (like living in an igloo) and a superior/loud HSF.

Hybrid-Mods    0

I recommend the OCZ Ultra 5+ thermal paste. It is actually made by Arctic Silver, exact same thing as AS5, but generally found for a few bucks cheaper.

Mr. Miyagi    2
You can get some really nice air cooling at about that level if you have a killer ambient (like living in an igloo) and a superior/loud HSF.

That would be freezing. :shock: