Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Wavemaster Audio Problem

Drake    0

Hi guys, I hope you can help me! Recently received my new Wavemaster case, and it's just great. However I'm having some problems with the audio top-panel connection.

The wiring has only four-pins to the motherboard audio, unfortunately this doesn't include the return signal pins - and without these my nforce2 motherboard won't route audio to the rear panel, and therefore my speakers are dead. (the audio to the top panel, my headphones, is working fine - and I've tried an alternative panel/cable config that includes a full 10-pin block and everything works, just the PCB doesn't fit the top-panel)

Has anyone else overcome this problem, or know if you can get an alternative board/cable that fits the top-panel connections?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've been waiting a week for a response from Coolermaster UK.

Cheers,

D.

Drake    0

Has no-one else had this problem at all?

Grump    0

Hi Drake,

I am very sorry I missed this message. I will ask around and see if I can come up with something for you.

Grump

Drake    0

Thanks grump - would be much appreciated. I've still had no word from CM UK!!!

ifly61ce    0

I too am having audio problems hooking up the Top Panel audio.

I have an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard

It says it is a 10-1 pin FP_Audio connector.

The Front panel pins are as follows;

Top Row Left to Right: AGND, +5VA, BLINE_OUT_R, EMPTY, BLINE_OUT_L

Bottom Row left to Right: MIC2, MICPWR, Line out_R, NC, Line out_L

Pins BLINE_OUT_R nad Line out_R are shorted with a jumper,

along with BlINE_OUT_L and Line out_L

The manual says Remove Jumpers only when you are connecting the front Panel Cable

Any idea how to hook this up? My main concern is the Mic connection.

Mark

Drake    0

Before this thread gets totally hijacked :D can anyone recommend a nice mobo that actually works with the top audio panel connectors?

ZiggyAJ    0

I am having problems getting the microphone to work through the front connectors on my Cooler Master Wave Master case. I am using an MSI Neo-FIS2R motherboard with built in sound. The mic works fine through the back port. I read the motherboard manual and it told me to hook the cables up: AUD_MIC to pin 1, AUD_GND to pin 2, AUD_FPOUT_R to pin 5, and AUD_FPOUT_L to pin 9. Those are all the cables that came with the I/O function panel. The sound works perfect, no problems. The mic does not work through the front, but it does work from the back.

Also I'm recieving the a similar problem with the USB ports. I hooked them up correctly onto my motherboard, but they don't seem to be working. I've tested all the USB ports using my USB flash drive and they all work except the 2 front ones.

I've tested and checked the cables and connections several times, but have gotten the same results.

Please help. Thanks.

(I'm thinking there is a problem with the cables or the I/O function panel. If that is the problem, would it be possible to buy these replacement parts from Cooler Master and how much?)

ZiggyAJ    0

So I contacted my motherboard manufacturer MSI and I got a quick and short email response.

"It seems that the case connectors are not matching the pin out for the front audio connectors and the usb ports do see if can contact the case manufacturer and verify the case connectors also there is no way to get the front and rear audio to work can only use one or the other"

So there might be a problem with my case. I've tried to contact tech support for days but haven't had any luck.

I will search around some more and will call customer service on monday. (i'm hoping it's not as bad as tech support).

Once I get a response from them I'll post here and hopefully, maybe it will solve some of these problems for us.