Sign in to follow this  
BroChaos

Ultra X-Connect Preview

BroChaos    0

Well, I was able to use my "connections" to get this hot new PSU. Supposedly, I am one of the first to have the Window/UV versions...

here's a product link, with all types of info: http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_info....products_id=160

first off, it looks amazing. finish is great. i would have preferred the blue one, but you can't be picky when it's free, can you?

the cables are nice. right now they don't seem too stiff. this does include the sata cable, even though i don't have any sata drives yet.

the power switch is also nice and big. it was also a good idea to include little duscovers for the ports you don't use, however, they don't stay in very well.

i haven't put it in my system, but supposedly it's supposed to perform as well as any antec psu, according to reviews.

i also literally handled it with gloves, cuz i didn't want to get fingerprints on the finish.

Moderator edit: Jeez, I really hate to do this to you, but man, surely you must know this is not a site to promote the products of the competition and it's not a review site -- especially of products that belong to the competion. I don't like editing or censoring posts, but this kind of stuff is not appreciated by the powers that be. What is left of this post is bad enough. I am sorry.

Wacft    0

not to crazy about the green, but the rest looks sweet. you got to love the cable managment. i think i saw that same psu with no windows and with nice paint jobs.

Brok3n    0

Yeah they have gotten many good reviews but I had to RMA two from newegg for going out on me, not sure what the deal was. Ended up going with the coolermaster unit. Hopefully your unit will be functioning well because the design is certaintly very space saving.

BroChaos    0

well, apparently i was misunderstood. in no way was i attempting to "promote" this product. i am not affiliated with Ultra in any way. people post links and pics of TT items to be discussed, and thats all I was trying to do here. Discussion of the competition isn't a bad thing, and the more everyone knows about them, the better. Everybody here knows i'm one of the biggest CM fan boys, so i don't understand why my post would be construed that way. anyways, thats all i'm gonna say here, if you want to reply, please PM me.

Mr. Miyagi    2
Worlds first modular PSU? Haven't antec been doing it for a while now? :/

Yes they have, but it wasn't completely modular like the Ultra, the 20-pin connector could not be removed. And I'm sorry to hear about your problems Brok3n, at least you have an awesome PSU now. :D

Karma Ghost    0
well, apparently i was misunderstood. in no way was i attempting to "promote" this product. i am not affiliated with Ultra in any way. people post links and pics of TT items to be discussed, and thats all I was trying to do here. Discussion of the competition isn't a bad thing, and the more everyone knows about them, the better. Everybody here knows i'm one of the biggest CM fan boys, so i don't understand why my post would be construed that way. anyways, thats all i'm gonna say here, if you want to reply, please PM me.

Well, you post a ton of pictures of another company's product and say it is is a great product.

Though it may be a great product... there is where Tt threads are different. Most all of the Tt threads are putting down how unoriginal their products are.

Infinity    0
it wasn't completely modular like the Ultra, the 20-pin connector could not be removed.
Seems a bit pointless though since the PSU won't run without the ATX connector connected, so why add the extra cost making it detachable...

BroChaos    0

Well, you post a ton of pictures of another company's product and say it is is a great product.

Though it may be a great product... there is where Tt threads are different. Most all of the Tt threads are putting down how unoriginal their products are.

that may be true. but are we that immature where we can't look at someone else's product, and say, "hey, they didn't do too bad, perhaps we can learn a thing or two from them". i love CM, and they would be my first choice on just about anything, but that doesn't mean they are automatically the best product available. i wasn't trying to say the x-connect was the best power supply ever. performance wise, it may not be as good as the real power 450. it also doesn't include a 120mm fan, wattage consumption meter, and honeycomb venting, which are all great features that i would like to have in a PSU. i'm just trying to be honest, and keep an open mind. i do not believe i was over-glorifying this PSU in any way, and i do not feel i was being anti-cooler master in any way (which is laughable, because like i said, i love CM products). i'm not positive, but i thought this came out around the same time as the antec neopower. i could be wrong though...

Mr. Miyagi    2
Seems a bit pointless though since the PSU won't run without the ATX connector connected, so why add the extra cost making it detachable...

Yeah it does, but because it has the Antec name, it's more expensive.