Sign in to follow this  
Hochi

Thermalright ultra-120 extreme will it fit?

Hochi    0

Anyone have the ultra-120 extreme cpu cooler and know if it will fit inside the CM Stacker (STC-T01).

The heatsink is 160mm tall and the case is 227mm? . Just need verification before i buy the heatsink

:P

Hochi    0

Measured the distance from the mobo to the 160.5 mm mark and it looks liket the 80mm fan holder on the case door will interfere with the heat sink. :(

-X-hellfire    0

that´s too bad it won´t with the fan installed as I installed a new fan yesterday and had planed to buy that cooler and a intel Q6600... i´ll probably ditch the fan as it kind of blows, would been better over the pci slots imo

btw is it better to have the fan blow in cold air from the outside or blow out some hot air from the case?

-X-hellfire    0
Blow the hot air out of the case. :)

yeah, i know :D

...anyway i have it on my current system, P3 and a passive cooled gforce 2, blow in air and it cools down the gpu from 70C and more to 60C with the doorfan in silent mode...

i got a Zalman OP-80 fan but it needs some special fastening which the current cooler doesn´t have, the gforce 4 i got i a drawer has a defective fan and that HSF could be replaced with the passive Zalman and then that OP-80 would fit... but I don´t know if i will bother as it´s so old and slow anyway...

klondikejim    0

I loaded a Ultra 120 in my stacker last night. It does fit, but you will have to take out the fan holder in the door for the one fan. Good thing is, the other 3 door fans can fit as normal. I am now trying to figure the best fan configuration though.

I have 1 fan intake in the door, blowing towards the video cards.

I have 1 intake fan in the front blowing on the Sata Drives,

I have the rear fan blowing exhaust from the case, and the top fan also blowing as exhaust.

The 120 MM Fan on the Ultra 120 is so close to the rear exhaust fan if I face it that direction there is like a 4 inch gap between the fans, if that. Facing it the other direction would blow it directly over the ram, but wouldnt that be blowing hot air on the ram? not sure what the best case would be. Browsing the web, for pictures of the 120 on a Striker Extreme MOBO show it in both positions, so not sure what is best.

Fireheart    0

If the Heatsink fan is blowing towards the back of the case (and the fan there is blowing air out of the case), then isn't cool air being sucked past the RAM on the way?

Be Well!

Fireheart