Sign in to follow this  
Paul343

CM 690

-=Draven=-    0
in US we will only sell the regular version with side window for accessory purchase.

Will the "Window Side Panel" accessory be available at the same time as the case or at a later date?

J0diuh    0

I have a TRUE as well and would love to know if the CPU side 120mm will fit w/ this tall heatsink. Hopefully the side fans won't get in the way of our aftermarket coolers. I've oft wondered why we didn't have wider cases w/ the board plate being offset more in the case so there's room for wires behind it.

Window would def be nice tho. I've got an SFLEX fan that died on me and the window's the only way I'd of known.

oberon79    0

Hey guys, here's a pic with stuff installed.

The 8800 card fits well with some clearance.

Most of your aftermarket large items should fit, but I can't gurantee anything until I've tried it myself.

Hope it helped!

post-13009-13880421843298_thumb.jpg

J0diuh    0

Thanks! Anymore pics of:

1. The HDD carriers - Do they use rubber grommets to connect? I can't help but think plastic to metal wouldn't really help w/ silence all that much.

2. The right side of the case w/ door off

This thing should be much easier to carry to LANs. :D

Also, I see eSATA on the spec sheet- what's the other end of this cable? Just standard SATA, so the board doesn't know the difference?

cozzyb    0

wow looks nice on inside too, btw just on a minor note when can we expect reviews/release of the sphere cooler in the case?

oberon79    0
Thanks! Anymore pics of:

1. The HDD carriers - Do they use rubber grommets to connect? I can't help but think plastic to metal wouldn't really help w/ silence all that much.

2. The right side of the case w/ door off

This thing should be much easier to carry to LANs. :D

Also, I see eSATA on the spec sheet- what's the other end of this cable? Just standard SATA, so the board doesn't know the difference?

1. The HDD cages are very innovative that it clips on to your HDD from the sides and holds it in it's slot. The plastic is very bendy and absorbs the vibrations the HDD causes.

2. The right side can be found on our website under CM 690 :)

The ESATA will just connect to the MB with a regular SATA cable.

Lastly, reviews on the 690 and the Sphere cooler should be available in about 3 more weeks. Be patient, y'all!

J0diuh    0

Excellent about the HDD cages/esata. Do you know if they screw into the HDD's w/ soft grommets (AKA P180/P182) or just sort of "clip" in? My HDD's currently connects w/ screws to the Stacker 810's cage and then the cage has some hard rubber grommets that do nothing for noise reduction. I'd say:

silent - rubber/elastic bands

quiet - soft grommets

loud - stacker 810 hdd cage, hehe

Also, I only found these pics from the site:

file1185977243598.jpgfile1185977233423.jpg

Do you have a view like the one posted above w/ all components inside?

Thanks!

oberon79    0

Well, I don't have more pictures to post at this moment.

The CM 690 is now SLI Certified!!!!

Go out there and buy one now! :lol:

-=Draven=-    0

This is from the HardwareZone.com review:

"The power and reset buttons are frankly quite horrendous to use, with little tactile feedback. These silver plastic 'buttons' are actually connected to the actual buttons behind the bezel, which accounts for the lack of feedback."

Is that true?

This is from the HardwareZone.com review:

"The power and reset buttons are frankly quite horrendous to use, with little tactile feedback. These silver plastic 'buttons' are actually connected to the actual buttons behind the bezel, which accounts for the lack of feedback."

Is that true?

perhaps a problem with the sample they received. we will look into this because we don't experience problem here.