Sign in to follow this  
Paul343

CM 690

Kevin Voong    0

We actually offer a case with foam insulation. Our Cooler Master Sileo. The Cm 690 was designed to offer excellent air flow for a mid-tower case, I would think by putting foam insulation will only decrease the cooling performance on this case.

Sure, I understand that the open construction makes it harder/impossible to silence the PC, but that doesn't mean it can't be made a bit more silent with correct materials? Slowing down the fans is the most important thing, and perhaps removing vibrations the next? Using a heavy bitumen sheet to weigh the side panels should help, and maybe even closing openings that aren't actually used for anything. Things like that, I guess?

One thing I discovered when installing my gear to the case was, that my CPU cooler Xigmatech 1284 (I think) is so big, it prevents me from installing any fans in the top openings from within the case, and of course they won't fit between the top panels either. Any ideas about that? Well, obviously I could replace the case fan... :bounce:

How import are the top fans for cooling, is using just the back opening sufficient? My temps seem to be ok for now.

bennyboy    0

Hey first post for me but to answer your question .... the top openings are pretty important for the air flow... or when you do Watercooling... a lot of watercooler radiators are made to be fixed on single, dual, triple 120 mm fans .. so most of system radiator coul be fitted on the top on your cm690... Personally I have a V8 and to make more air flow I have all 120 mm fan installed ... by using them with a fan controller you can lower the noise of your casing .... the thing is : buy yourself good CFM / DB fans ... some cheap fans can shoot a 12V 30CFM at 21DB (trust me you want to leave those for newbs :P) use high quality 120mm fan ...or even use 140mm... a nice fan should have a good airflow and a low db... My pc is overclocked from 3.0Ghz (1333FSB) to 4.05 GHZ (1800FSB) and my cpu keeps it very cool with all 120mm fan all at minimum speed... never forget airflow !!!

Thanks!!!

Bennyboy ( a Coller master Fan ;P)

System:

C2D E8400 @ 4.05ghz (1800 FSB)

Cooler Master V8

2GB corsair ddr2 @900 MHZ 5-5-5-18

EVGA 750i FTW

2X 9600GT in SLi

CM 690 modded...blue paint job mesh

CM Aquagate S1 (Modded for chipset cooling)

Audigy Platinum EX