Sign in to follow this  
Paul343

CM 690

durz    0
Other than that, I love the case - it was dead silent until I put in a video card with a loud fan.

Not so for me

The side panel fans when mounted rattle the case and makes a very noticeable rumbling sound throughout the case

Both the top and lower side panel slots do it. Tested with the stock fans & also an Antec Tricool. As soon as I unplug the side panel fan, all the noise is gone

VALKYRIE    11

If you install the side fan as intake attached to the bare metal grill, the fan produce noise ,if you install the same fan as exhaust the fan dont produce noise , if you want to install that side fan as intake you must separate by at least 1 cm somehow(adaptor)the fan away from the metal grill of the side panel,if you want you can use the black plastic filter similar to the bottom fan of the CM690

Hi Folks, I joined this forum just now because I ordered me a CM 690 case. While it's on the way I want to plan building it some. I was thinking of painting the interior matte black, and maybe do some minor modifications. I'd like to ask you Cm 690 owners, if it is worth it to cut some of the fan grilles off? DO they cause much noise? I intend to control my fans, so they won't be running full blast. I got me a 12cm Noctua and couple of Scythes to add to the case fans.

What about cable management, is it a good idea to enlargen the hole in the mb plate so all the psu wires etc can easily fit through it? Any other suggestions before I start painting it, I'd want to do all the cutting before the painting.

And what about the CM fans supplied with the case, how are they? I'd also be interested in how you have handled the fan setup, which places to use and do they blow out or in etc.

Thanks! :bounce:

VALKYRIE    11

Yes the fan at the back of the mobo tray of the CM690 use a 80x80x15mm thin fan , but I installed nothing there , is better to leave the grills open to allow some airflow through that small 80mm grill at the back of the mobo ,the airflow is created with the positive/nagative pressure inside the case developed with the other fans installed

Seriously, no one has any ideas about how to improve this case a bit? Is it perfect already, or is it so old no-one reads this thread anymore? :albino:

Anyways, it's kinda too late now, I painted the interior black already and decided to leave the grills in their place. I can always cut them off later if I want to. I reckon anyways that since I won't be running the fans at full rpm, they will be quiet enough. We'll see.

Well, despite my previous lack of success in enticing you people to post any tips, I will ask one more question: have you people added any silencing material to the case, foams, bitumen sheet etc? Did it have a big effect? :bounce: