Sign in to follow this  
Paul343

CM 690

-=Draven=-    0

I saw the case in a store, it's nice and better than I expected.

The only thing is the power button on the side, I think it's badly positioned and hard to press.

Anybody agrees?

VALKYRIE    11

Yes I agree , I think the power button is too vertical long , must be shorter or even better circular like a "O" instead of a rectangular , the position is not too bad , I can complain about the position of the upper USB , sata,microphone etc ports , all the cables of this ports hit the top Optical DVD Driver , therefore I think is bad idea to put this ports in the middle of the top of the case,and must be a better idea to shift this ports closer to the right side panel.The japanese version of this CM690 dont have this ports at the top of the case

VALKYRIE    11

Hi ,I got this in a australian website....... hppt://forums.whirlpool.net.au ...... ,the owner of this CM690 rotated 90 degrees the Hard drive Rack to face front to back instead to leftside-rightside to improve even more the AirFlow inside this case ,this are his words :

Yes this a nice case for the money

Bought one yesterday without power supply

Had to modify the hard drive bay to increase airflow (rotated 90deg)

Very quiet running 7x120 fans (inc. cpu)

cm690gutsge9.jpg

VALKYRIE    11

Hi , this is a Mod , to do this is necessary to take out around eight or ten rivets , and later reinstall the walls of the cage, my idea is to do exact the same but with the hard drive cage two centimeters closer to the front of the case, because , you can see in that photo the walls of the cage are a little bit above the bottom fan bracket

Paul343    0

Nice Mod. I think I might try the same thing. At the same time I will re-enforce the end of the box that cables enter as I had to cut them for an IDE drive, and now they are only straightish....

As a side note, I did find that changing the pressure on the side of the dirve cage did have a large effect on HDD noise.

VALKYRIE    11

Hi , just got this photo in another forum , very good idea to use the bottom black bracket of the CM690 , to install a 120/140mm fan at the front of the CM690 like a 5.25 drive bay bracket, have a perfect fit there, just drill a hole in each of the four legs of the bottom bracket to screw to the 5.25 drive bay

DSC_0134.jpg

ENRICO.jpg

this bottom bracket have only four legs , are others bottom brackets a little bit different

spyguitar    0

Are replacement front panels available for this? I bought one about a month ago and managed to break the reset button while popping the front panel back on.

Other than that, I love the case - it was dead silent until I put in a video card with a loud fan.

VALKYRIE    11
Are replacement front panels available for this? I bought one about a month ago and managed to break the reset button while popping the front panel back on.

Other than that, I love the case - it was dead silent until I put in a video card with a loud fan.

ask here http://www.coolermaster.nl/shop may be they know where to find this front panel