Sign in to follow this  
Paul343

CM 690

Killdrath    0

OK, answering my own questions...

With regards to the top-mounted radiator. I took the top panel off. Under the metal mesh is a layer or plastic cross-beams. These can be seen in some of the top pics. I removed the top mesh and cut out the plastic beams. This leaves enough room to put the two 120mm fans ABOVE the metal case top, and while I do not have the radiator yet to test it, it looks as if a low-profile radiator (I'm going to try the swiftech MCR-220, which is only 34mm thick) might still fit. Failing that, I'm going to look at squeezing the radiator in on top, but that might be too thick.

Side effect, mount LED fans on the top after cutting out the plastic mesh, and the top of the case GLOWS brightly. Of course, I also cut out the built-in fan grills on the metal top-case for better airflow.

VALKYRIE    11
Can you tell me please ,when the CM690 will be available in the UK ?, thank you

very soon

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/131551

5-7 days

£50

If anyone knows where it is in stock I would like to know please :D

Tank you LuckyNV , I am still thinking how to turn 90 degrees the hard drive Rack of the CM690 ( to face the front back instead the side side ) to improve the AirFlow , or may be I can take out and eliminate the hard drive rack and install my hard disk with and adaptor in the upper 5.25 bay

LuckyNV    0

well apparently people have no problems with the HDD cooling ability despite the apparent lack of airflow

if you want to wait as soon as its in stock in Ebuyer I'm getting it, so perhaps wednes/thursday next week at earliest I can run some basic temps tests, I have 4 high end drives including a Raptor (and OCed Q6600 and X1900XTX)

-=Draven=-    0
Bought one from NCIX.com (Canada) for $78 Cdn. I will soon see if I chose wisely...

Paul

Here is the link:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=26048&vpn=RC-690-KKN1&manufacture=COOLERMASTER

I gotta say, it a great price for it, the same goes for the price of the Cosmos 1000 (199.50$CAD).

The only downside, it's not that great of a price, when you add up the high shipping cost :(

Paul343    0

Draven,

Including tax and shipping it came to $110, which, as you pointed out is starting to get a bit expensive...., but not too bad. Much better than the price at Tiger Direct ($106- before tax and shipping)

Paul

-=Draven=-    0
Much better than the price at Tiger Direct ($106- before tax and shipping)

You got that right.

And I know that 106$ isn't too bad, but when you look at the Cosmos(199.50$) for instance, with tax and shipping, it comes to about 260$. :?

dnorf87    0
Much better than the price at Tiger Direct ($106- before tax and shipping)

You got that right.

And I know that 106$ isn't too bad, but when you look at the Cosmos(199.50$) for instance, with tax and shipping, it comes to about 260$. :?

That's why you find a retail store with these cases in stock :P

So wheres the clear side panel? I'm dying to get a CM690...but it would look so much better with a side panel!