Sign in to follow this  
Eskimo88

Need help !!!

Eskimo88    0

Need some help.

Just built my first Computer and whent for the coolermaster Wave..

But now I have some heat problem my 3,2 ghz (P-hot) it runs at 58C idle and would like too get some better temps. Thinking of the Thermalright SP-94 or the Hyper 6. Whant the hyper 6 But need the one that are the best for cooling my cpu.....What do you think or know about it?

Karma Ghost    0

The CM Hyper6 was proven to beat the SP-94 in all of the reviews I'd read. This prompted TR to create the XP-120. I would suggest either the Hyper6 or the XP-120, but moreso the Hyper6 because (1) you are on the CM website :lol: and (2) the XP-120 is absolutely gigantic and may not fit your board.

So, go for a hyper6 and get some good 80mm fans to go on it.

Hope that helps!

Mr. Miyagi    2

I would most def go with the Hyper 6. That w/ 2 fans and Arctic Silver 5, and you will be cool. 8) Like Karma said, you're on the CM Forums, who do you think we're going to advise. :wink:

Karma Ghost    0

Granted, I do like ThermalRight's line. They have some seriously kickass coolers... and as compared to ThermalTake, I have a lot more respect for them.

I try to advise people on what would be the best cooling solution; so long as I do not work for CM that is my job. I try to help people get the best bang for their buck, and presently I feel that for k8 and p4s, hyper6 is where its at. It isn't insanely large like the XP-120, but it most certainly gets the job done.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

id go for the hyper 6 cos of the case you have it will line up with the extractor fan, and the hyper 6 works better with only one fan attached i've found, which blows through the heatsink and out the case's extractor fan, or you could buy an aero fan stick it on the hyper 6 i've done it and it cools the heatsink excellently and unlike normail axial fans it'll cool the heatpipes better aswell.

do not put two fans on i found it increased temperatures by 8-10 degrees

Mr. Miyagi    2
do not put two fans on i found it increased temperatures by 8-10 degrees

Hmm, I placed two fans on mine and it dropped the temps. by about 4*c...

Karma Ghost    0

It probably depends most on how powerful your rear exhaust fan is. If you have a really powerful one, a fan on the other side of the hyper6 may just increase the turbulence or something, or may slow down the air. I dunno. But with a powerful rear fan if you have less interfering with the passage of ait it is better.

Grump    0

If you use only one fan on the Hyper 6, place it so that it blows cooling air into the fins from the side fathest away from any case exhaust fan.

If you want to use 2 fans on the Hyper 6, place one fan as described above and the other should be reversed so that warm air is pulled away from the fins on the side closest to any exhaust fan.

Placing both fans in the same orientation, whether they are both blowing air into the fins or both pulling air away from the fins will cause a "hot spot" or reduced cooling efficiency and your CPU will register hotter temperatures.

Grump

Mr. Miyagi    2

Even though it is heavy, you shouldn't have a problem. Just for caution, don't move it around much and when traveling with it, lay it on its side. I did have the case standing right side up all the way down to Texas and back. There were no problems so I don't think you will encounter any.