Sign in to follow this  
Cooler Master

COSMOS Official Forum - Performance Meets Silence

RaptorFury    0

the only thing i wish they done , was flip the mb tray over . but i still wants me one of themn there things but if its goin to be 300 US it never will happen :( .

Starboykb    0
the only thing i wish they done , was flip the mb tray over . but i still wants me one of themn there things but if its goin to be 300 US it never will happen :( .

i think the flip tray normally good for the medium size casing. But for tower casing, hmmm i don't think it really needed especially the room is so large after looking at the picture.

RaptorFury    0

the flipped mb tray in my experiences usually provide better air flow and better thermal dynamics . i built 2 cases using that idea and for air type cooling IMO its one of best designs

alanelf    0

hmm it seem like this chassis have HD problem will get hot fast..most of the review also mantion that.... it will be good add fast at the HD panel

Zylo    0

They should sell a side-panel window version! People love to show off their parts and craftmanship. And if you're watercooling, you can check for leaks and water preasure problems at a glance, without having to open the side-panel. I think every case should have an option for a side-panel window these days.

webber04    0

there's a few things that will stop me from buying this case when it's released here in Australia.

http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=43sld3.jpg

Firstly is the 3 holes behind the motherboard that are suppose to allow you to route cables through them are useless because the side panel won't fit back on if you do route cables through the holes. Every review i've read about this case has pointed this problem out.

No harddrive cooling, how am i suppose to run a couple of raptors?

No sidewindow, not really a big deal but i'd rather a window so i can see everything.

Fix these 3 things and in my opinion you'll have a perfect case.

knud    129

Here a solution for extra hdd cooling:

The thermal concept of COSMOS is different from the other traditional cases. In order to keep the system operation silent, we adopt the dual bottom intake design to keep users from noise source.By using the concept of stack effect and negative pressure, more airflow can be drawn inside the casing while the system temperature increases.

If you want to enhance the cooling performance on HDD module, you can change the default position of the bottom fan to the top of the HDD module. Please download the file attachment to see the detailed installation manual.

PRESENCE.COM PC just published a review about the comparsion of Cooler Master COSMOS and Antec P180. The superior thermal performance of COSMOS is self-evident.

Original Text Link: http://www.presence-pc.com/tests/cosmos ... -22696/10/

COSMOS_P180.jpg

hdd_module.pdf [ 433K ]

Source

MKREdit    0

I think that this case is sweet and is definitely at the top of my list since I plan to build a new system next month. There is one thing that I've noticed but have not confirmed. To remove or install a hdd you have to remove both side panels? The left to access the tray and the right to disconnect the drive.

I think that this case is sweet and is definitely at the top of my list since I plan to build a new system next month. There is one thing that I've noticed but have not confirmed. To remove or install a hdd you have to remove both side panels? The left to access the tray and the right to disconnect the drive.
yes you need to remove both side panels.

However, the case side panels are so easy to remove, i don't think anyone would mind.