Sign in to follow this  
Cooler Master

COSMOS Official Forum - Performance Meets Silence

daemon    0

Bah removable motherboard tray bah. Its not needed.

One thing feature I don't like is the lack of cooling to the HDs.

redcrimson    0

Oooo that is one sexy looking case. The design of the HD is something new that I have never seen before. Looks like Coolermaster has a winner with this case.

33.jpg

Something interesting tid bits:
One of the things were the Cosmos lacks a bit is in HDD cooling. There's no fan which blows over the hard drives and therefore the drives get hotter than in other cases. I first installed my HDD in one of the cages on the bottom and during normal work conditions the drive reached a temperature of 44°C. I then installed the drive in one of the upper cages, close to the intake fan and noticed that the increased airflow to the drive reduced temperatures to 40° with an ambient temperature of about 24-25°C.
The CoolerMaster Cosmos isn't available yet but it will arrive in retail stores all over the world in the next few weeks. The case will be introduced in Japan and Hong Kong on August 1st, in most European countries it will become available on August 11 or August 18 and the U.S. launch will take place on September 1st. Australians will have to wait until September 7.

Some stores are already taking preorders for the Cosmos and it looks like it will be quite expensive case, a Dutch webshop is currently asking 183.80EUR for the Cosmos.

http://www.dvhardware.net/review113_5_c ... osmos.html

183.80EUR?!?! Not bad but too much for my blood but then again you get what you pay for.

knud    129

About the (non) removable m/b tray.

I asked HQ why there is none, and it seems really hard to do with this design.. :(

It gives some small problems with mounting the mobo, if you don't have a magnetic screwdriver, it's hard to screw the upper screws.

The advise price is even €209 :P

@Esat, the performance is quite okay and it's pretty silent, out of the box and with components in it. But then again, I used a silent GeminII and a real power pro 850 which is silent too :wink:

EsaT    0

Knud, did you test it with lot of HDs and optical drive in lowest 5.25" bay blocking upward airflow of HD bay?

Also did you try fitting "short" 5.25" devices (like many fan control/card reader panels) which require using screws in both up and down hole?

Pictures in reviews don't show that part clearly.

Weight: One of the biggest issues of the CoolerMaster Cosmos RC-1000 case is it's very heavy weight....However, this is only a problem for people who go a lot to LAN parties.

http://www.dvhardware.net/review113_5_cooler_master_cosmos.html

Now what are they whining when there are such good carrying handles?

-=Draven=-    0
Weight: One of the biggest issues of the CoolerMaster Cosmos RC-1000 case is it's very heavy weight....However, this is only a problem for people who go a lot to LAN parties.

http://www.dvhardware.net/review113_5_cooler_master_cosmos.html

Now what are they whining when there are such good carrying handles?

Maybe the problem is they should workout more and spend less time in front of a computer :lol:

knud    129
Knud, did you test it with lot of HDs and optical drive in lowest 5.25" bay blocking upward airflow of HD bay?

Also did you try fitting "short" 5.25" devices (like many fan control/card reader panels) which require using screws in both up and down hole?

I did test with 2 hdd's, one raptor and one maxtor.

And they ran a bit hot. But then again, I didn't use a fan to cool it.

I only mounted a dvd player, no short devices, sorry.

-=Draven=-    0

I read a review for the Cosmos 1000 and one of the cons was that the left panel created some vibrational noise.

Can someone from CM confirm that?

Starboykb    0

I did test with 2 hdd's, one raptor and one maxtor.

And they ran a bit hot. But then again, I didn't use a fan to cool it.

I only mounted a dvd player, no short devices, sorry.

So thats mean its normal or what? better yet to say it best recommended to add another fan on top to suck the hot air, right?

-=Draven=-    0

There's one thing I hope CM will do for the Cosmos, it's to make an optional window side panel for it.