Sign in to follow this  
Cooler Master

COSMOS Official Forum - Performance Meets Silence

hippykesh    0

Hey Guys,

Got a Cosmos and having mega problems with heat is anyone experienceing the same kinda thing, the insulation acts to make it a lil sauna in there, i cant afford another case so im stuck with it and high temps, got a 6400 AMD CPU that i cant even OC cos of high temps. Have all fans on maximum through a Zalman fan controller my 900 was so much cooler, whats the point of quietness if ya fry ya system.. anyone else having troubles.. Im at a loss :( anyhelp apprciaited..

my system is

AMD 6400 CPU

Gskill DDRII 800 MHZ Ram x 2gig

3 x Samsung 400 gig HDD SATA II 16M

ASUS M2N59SLI-DELUXE MB

TUNIQ TOWER 120 CPU COOLER

Gigabyte 8800GST 640 Meg

Coolermaster 650 Watt Tpower Supply

Cheers

Steve

hippykesh    0

My Mainboard temp is always around 41c on Idle my cpu temp is around low to mid 50's C on idle.

was alot lower in the 900 with the exact same setup

Just feel abit taken for a ride, I would have went one of the stacker if I knew it would raise temps on my key components. I have all the fans on high and i dont wanna have to mod a brand new case. my ambient room temp isnt that high either I havent take ambiant inside case temp though but my cpu is getting alot hotter in this case compared to my 900

cheers

steve

hippykesh    0

I mean CM have splahsed all accross the site how well it cools and how quiet it is, really it should be more accurate ie it cools pretty good considering how quiet it is!! I mean sure Its damm quiet but its not very cool at all!

steve

sgunn911    0

I built my new pc in a cosmos case and was personally thrilled all the way up to the point where I completed the OS install. I finished up the software install with both side panels off as I was tweaking a few points while it was loading up.

Important to mention it has a water system installed, just about identical the the Max. PC "Ultimate PC" set-up (they stole it... :wink: )

I was thinking through the installation of the HDD's that the "trays" looked a lot like my daughter's easy bake oven toaster trays while I was putting it together, and was really pretty much put off by the cheap construction of the HDD set-up compared to the rest of the case.

I was shocked, however, when after 4 hours of loading Windows XP Pro and Vista Ultimate that my two Raptor drives were so freaking hot that I could smell them cooking. I pulled out the trays (top trays with blank in top middle) and could not hold it in my hand, it was burning hot!!

The trays got so hot that the rubber spacers had stuck to the metal. Jeez!!! I thought the whole set-up sure did look closed off and was worried about it somewhat, but figured I had the sides off and the case was so well put together that surely there was some way to cool the HDD's or the case wouldn't have made it off the design floor.

I tested the Raptors back in my Lian Li Server case and then put one in a Kandolf and the other in a Stacker 830 to let them run for a few days to make sure there wasn't a problem with one drive that heated it up. They ran cool as always and were warm to touch.

This is the nicest looking case I believe I have ever worked on, I actually had second thoughts about airbrushing the case, which isn't good since I make part of my living doing it! The heating issue , in my case, is so severe that either I am going to have to cut a window with a 120 fan and find a way to mount the HDD's and trash the trays or sell it off.

Too bad.

RaptorFury    0

I love this case . it is very well built . and i had absolutly no issues installing any one of my parts in this case ( how in World could you its FREAKING huge ) the only issue i have is cable management . my Psu has a Boat load of wires . i need to find me a fan controller that has more then 4 fan controls ( at least it clear up some of the clutter ... ) as for hdds getting a lil warm , have you considered placing a fan on the out side of the hdd bays on the grid portion ? ... see Here

asamimasa    0

Hello all,

I was wondering about the potency of the sound dampening panels, and how much noise they really cut. Ideally, I am trying to get in some delta fans that generate 65db, and I am curious as to how much of the generated sound would be cut.

Huiron    0

I am looking into the Cosmos for my next computer, but is wondering if the power supply mount will take a oversized power supply like the Zalman ZM850-HP.

Have anyone tried it or perhaps Coolermaster has some information?