Sign in to follow this  
Cooler Master

COSMOS Official Forum - Performance Meets Silence

Chubbs    0

I was able to remove the plastic quick release tab mechanisms from the 5.25" bays. I did this by taking a flathead screwdrive and prying open two or three of the four small metal tabs holding the mechanisms in. You do not have to pry them open that far. Then just slide the mechanism backward for removal. Only one or two of them slid nicely. Most of them still came out rather abrupt. I would bet that if you wanted them to slide out as smooth as possible you would open all four metal tabs all the way.

Anyway, I was able to complete sanding the chassis with 220 grit. Pretty soon will be priming and painting.

Also, I have an email in to CM tech support and customer support asking how and where to purchase the fan shroud and replacement rubber grommets for the watercooling holes. I need another grommet as it will work perfectly for a small modification to the mobo tray!

I'll keep you posted on the emails.

chazfarote    0
Found this thing, looks like it might work. I went ahead and ordered one. They have several colors. Fan sucks, or actually, it doesn't, so I'm going to replace that once I get it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835185019

That's a nice one. First time seen it though I do browse Newegg pretty often but never come across that. Thanks Chaz...I think I want to get one too. Its full 5.25, I guess the locking system will work on this for sure. Cheers.

I have one of those and I must warn you that they don't blow that much air into the case, if that's what you wanted.

I guess they're silent for a reason and that is it.

I did read that in the NewEgg reviews so I bought a better fan. I bought 6 fans actually, 4 to replace the ones what came with the case, one to replace the one in this thing, and one to replace the one on my cpu cooler, the Ultra Chilltec. I had to get a fan adapter from 92mm to 120mm. I got the CM that are supposed to blow at 110 CFM.

Needles to say, I'm going to have a lot of fans on ebay lol

If I get all these mods to work I'll post results, if not, I'll quietly sit here.

spiderhole    0

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Cosmos, but one thing about the case just doesn't do it for me...the black plastic front panel. I'v read rumors that CM may be planning a revised version in all aluminum, so I'm tempted to wait and see. I'm also considering getting the current model and try applying some brushed aluminum sheeting to the front....

http://www.alsacorp.com/products/sheeti ... uminum.htm

...but not sure how clean that would come out looking.

-M

Bonn    0
I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Cosmos, but one thing about the case just doesn't do it for me...the black plastic front panel. I'v read rumors that CM may be planning a revised version in all aluminum, so I'm tempted to wait and see. I'm also considering getting the current model and try applying some brushed aluminum sheeting to the front....

http://www.alsacorp.com/products/sheeti ... uminum.htm

...but not sure how clean that would come out looking.

-M

If the whole thing is full aluminium, not sure if it will be as quiet as the current one. I do feel that if you don't use 38mm fans, it should be okay. If you do, the whole casing will vibrate (I mean the current one), though its heavy. I can't imagine if its full aluminium, the whole casing will be really making :) lots of noise.

spiderhole    0

If the whole thing is full aluminium, not sure if it will be as quiet as the current one. I do feel that if you don't use 38mm fans, it should be okay. If you do, the whole casing will vibrate (I mean the current one), though its heavy. I can't imagine if its full aluminium, the whole casing will be really making :) lots of noise.

True, but I'd actaully settle for aluminum trim where all the plastic stuff is now (keeping steel for the rest). More of an asthetic thing to me than weight issue.

-M

Bonn    0

True, but I'd actaully settle for aluminum trim where all the plastic stuff is now (keeping steel for the rest). More of an asthetic thing to me than weight issue.

-M

I see. Hopefully CM sells them as spares. Then we can buy and replace the plastic parts. Actually I do prefer the current look. If they change it to Aluminium, it might look too metallic. Hmmm...maybe they change it to some carbon composite type of look. That will really look cool. ;)

RaptorFury    0

well hopefully in a few days i be ordering me one :twisted: its was between the stacker 830 series or the cosmos . i decided the cosmos because it is such a Freaking SEXY case .... and yes unfortunetly it will have to be some what modded to accomidate my personal taste ...

will this fit tuniq tower 120 and 8800gt?

i dont think you will have a problem . i running a HD2900Xt in a Centurion case that i inverted the mb plate on it and that card fits perfectly ... as far as the uniq tower again i dont think you should have a issue .