ts_123

PRODUCT SUGGESTIONS

Zenphic    0

For future products, I would like to see more mid towers with the ability of having the power supply installed at

the bottom. Such a feature should be seen in cases that are silent oriented (not like the CM690 and 590, who are for optimal airflow)

More cases with silver faceplates would also be much desired, such as the Centurion 534.

More cases with power buttons as well as the front I/O ports at the top would be great, such as the Centurion 532 and the Mystique 632

:cheers:

VALKYRIE    11
An improved version of the Hyper 212 cpu cooler with full fins instead of the twin tower design they have now.

1) The coolers have multiple heatpipe instead of just one because multiple heatpipe spread better the heat

2) The coolers have multiple alluminium fins instead of just one , because multiple fins allow a better spreading of the heat

3) Therefore is better a cooler with multiple towers to get a better performance cooler, and the HYPER 212 with two towers is a good example

Actually, if Hyper 212 had aluminium fins between the two towers, thermal performance should be better because of additional

surface area for the heat to dissipate.

If the engineers both at thermalright and coolermaster think is better multiple tower , i think must have a good reason

image024.jpg

Zenphic    0
If the engineers both at thermalright and coolermaster think is better multiple tower , i think must have a good reason

image024.jpg

Thermalright made two towers because they make it possible to put a fan between the two towers. Here, a single fan would make a push/pull configuration.

Cooler Master's Hyper 212 doesn't allow a fan to be put in the middle, so you cannnot compare Thermalright's design with Cooler Master's.

If Hyper 212's two towers met each other, then it would be your typical tower cooler. Again, a larger dissipation area for heat would be created.

At the moment, the airflow between the two towers is not used to cool the processor, which is a waste. :wink:

file1186633579937.jpg + fins between = coolermasterhypertx2nofea9.png

VALKYRIE    11

The discussion is not about where install the fan ,The discussion is about what is better single or double tower, This Thermalright IS multiple Tower , in other words ,a tower splitted in two towers and with a empty space in between , therefore are two towers , ( NOT ONE ), therefore is better a cooler with TWO TOWERS and with a empty space in between, instead of a single tower :D

And I like this Hyper 212 because are Two separate Towers with a empty space between the towers :wink:

image024.jpg

03_angleview_450.gif

hsf1-tower120-bottom1.jpg

Zenphic    0

lol tonschk, I fully understand your point that the multiple tower configuration can be good for some coolers, such as the Thermalright IFX-14, Thermaltake Sonic Tower and Tuniq Tower 120.

These coolers are good but not only because of the fact that they have multipler towers, but because of how the fan is utilized in the configuration: fan is installed in the middle to cool all of the fins.

However, the Cooler Master Hyper 212 has its fan installed perpendicular to the towers, therefore there is a dead spot in the middle where the airflow created by the fan is

not used for cooling. Here are some pics of Hyper 212 vs Sonic Tower:

58881570ls1.png vs 32911144fq0.jpg

In the case of the Hyper 212, it is not utilizing the fan properly, so it seems kind of pointless to have two towers.

If the Hyper 212 had its fan installed parallel to the towers, that would be better (if it was like the Sonic Tower) OR if the Hyper 212 had fins going along the two towers, that would be better as well.

VALKYRIE    11

therefore there is a dead spot in the middle where the airflow created by the fan is

not used for cooling. Here are some pics of Hyper 212 vs Sonic Tower:

58881570ls1.png vs 32911144fq0.jpg

I understand you that you think the fan in the Hyper 212 is not properly , but the Coolermaster engineers already think about the deadspot airflow area without airspeed behind the fan motor , at the back of the fan motor at the center of the fan is a deadspeed airflow area , the speed of the airflow at the center of the fan is always ZERO,, the fan cannot cool that deadspot area of metallic alluminium fins ( even if the alluminium fins were there ) , therefore this is the reason the coolermaster engineers dont put metallic alluminium fins at the back of the fan motor in between the two towers of the Hyper 212 , this is the reason i like the Hyper 212 with two divided towers with an empty space in between :wink:

Zenphic    0

Nooo, I wasn't talking about that deadspot. Maybe I used the wrong word

What I meant is that the airflow created in the gap of the two towers is not used for cooling:

58881570ls1ke8.png

Yeah, the middle of the fan is a deadspot, but the top and bottom of the fan isn't. ayaaaa lol

EsaT    0
This is the New ZALMAN Case GS1000 , this case have a intresting detail , under the PSU ( at the bottom of the case ) ZALMAN have installed a supplementary fan to assist the cooling of the PSU ( also can help just in case of PSU fan failure ) ,

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z58/tonschk/GS1000_img03.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z58/tonschk/000000070467-1.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z58/tonschk/GS1000_img04.jpg

Adding fans in series adds normally only noise and if there's that much airflow impedance for needing second fan someone screwed up!

It would help only in case of failure of PSU fan... to keep PSU operating for little longer before overtemperature protection shuts it down because externally caused airflow wouldn't follow airflow of PSUs own fan very well. (in worst case it would cool temperature sensor while leaving some other components to fry)

EsaT    0
I understand you that you think the fan in the Hyper 212 is not properly , but the Coolermaster engineers already think about the deadspot airflow area without airspeed behind the fan motor , at the back of the fan motor at the center of the fan is a deadspeed airflow area , the speed of the airflow at the center of the fan is always ZERO,, the fan cannot cool that deadspot area of metallic alluminium fins ( even if the alluminium fins were there )
Stop thinking one dimensionally.

Deadspot is only in front of motor hub, not some full height strip in the middle of fan and what's even worse this kind hole leaks air.

If same surface area would be made with fins going all the way from end to end impedance would be even everywhere in front of fan and air would flow evenly in every place. But now when fins are smaller they're also more densely packed meaning they present much bigger local obstacle for airflow and what we have between these airflow obstacles? Zero impedance hole!

That means notable amount of airflow from sides slips through this hole where it doesn't cool anything.

If you want to know how different style heatsinks work in different situations here's lot of reading:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/section11.html

therefore this is the reason the coolermaster engineers dont put metallic alluminium fins at the back of the fan motor in between the two towers of the Hyper 212 , this is the reason i like the Hyper 212 with two divided towers with an empty space in between :wink:
Decisions are made too often by advertising departments.

Also so called aesthetics is nearly universally opposite of functionality.

...Therefore is better a cooler with multiple towers to get a better performance cooler...

...think is better multiple tower , i think must have a good reason

2 x 1/3 ≠ 2 x 1/1

2 x 1/3 <> 2 x 1/1

2 x 1/3 != 2 x 1/1

And in text form: Two one thirds of tower isn't two full towers.

And reason for adding second full tower is for increasing total surface area (which is one parameter affecting to cooling capacity) but it also comes with notable negative side:

It doubles airflow impedance meaning that cooling capacity isn't doubled even if surface area is (because speed of airflow drops)and with low speed fan pressure might not be enough for moving much air through fins... and such thing makes cooling capacity come crashing down to bottom floor. (surface area is no good if it doesn't have airflow over it)