Sign in to follow this  
bth

fan filters

bth    0

Hi all, I'm using a wavemaster case. I know some of this has been thrown around before, but any recommendations on where I can some fan filters that I can cut to shape and put in front of the intake fans? I want it to be easily removed; don't want to use the aluminum filters that attach to the fans.

Thanks,

Brian

bth    0

Thanks ... was hoping to find a big piece of foam that I can cut to fit, perhaps make my own housing for... any other suggestions?

Infinity    0

I've stuck a pair of tights (not mine :P) to the inside of the front of the case over the holes - they're fine enough to let a good amount of air through but minimal dust, that way the dust dosen't get into the case, but instead collects in the holes, but they're easy to clean with a vacuum cleaner - no need to even open the case to clean it :)

ph33r my paint skills :P

wavemaster.png

bth    0

Thanks guys...

That's a cool idea Infinity... I'll have to see if I can steal some of my wife's. And thanks for the link, mr. miyagi. It looks like that's mainly packing foam, which may collect dust but won't allow enough air flow (although I could be wrong)...

-Brian