Sign in to follow this  
Anarchy[HWLUXX]

Some things i'd like to see from CM ...

- Revive the ATCS Series 8) ... uh, yeah - i can dream a bit, right ?

- Stacker 83* in 100% black, the insides too - really completely everything adonized in black with a glossy Paintjob + Window Sidepanel (no fan openings)

I know some people may say that's bad for the cooling performance ... but my Overclocked PC doesn't overheat in my ATC-201 with 4 * 80mm fans running very low RPM so that's sure not critical, and the CSX have Window panels too.

- Internal X-Craft HDD-backplane

CM has announced the X Craft 360 a few days ago and i'd love to have something like that as an Internal solution.

3 HDDs in 2 * 5.25" or better 5 HDDs in 3 * 5.25"

RAID get's more and more popular because midrange Mainboards and even some low end too come with this feature and 4,6 and more SATA ports. Such a backplane solution without special mounting equipment for the Disks would make life alot easier.

http://www.coolermaster.com/index.php?L ... raft%20360

The current HDD in 3 * 5.25" solutions have a big negative point :

With 3 or 4 Disks you have to unplug all cables and remove the whole thing to remove/add a disk.

Another idea would be to mage something like that for 2.5" Notebook drives - they are getting bigger and faster but are alot quieter than 3.5" disks and also more robust when it comes to shock and heat.

- The Cosmos.

Not really a suggestion but a question - how's the status ? Still proto or on the way to Retail ?

":3tbuq0s9]

- The Cosmos.

Not really a suggestion but a question - how's the status ? Still proto or on the way to Retail ?

The Cosmos will soon to hit a retail store or online store near you!

Fireheart    0
":7cfikwzv] - Internal X-Craft HDD-backplane. -

Actually, I like this idea a lot, too!

If the backplane/bay-unit cooled the drives well, I wouldn't care what the drive 'trays' looked like - they could be just the bare drives (maybe with rails) - if there was a nice, safe box to store them in.

What would be even better is if the bay faces could have a little 'bling' to them, like the CoolDrive Lite or CoolDrive 6.

a05f4a4c19cbc15f2cdd14bca48c2444.jpgbaaabba0873ecd98bc0bcc56979fc917.jpg

Every backplane unit I've ever seen was just plain 'industrial', even the one in the Cooler Master iTower isn't fancy - which is appropriate for a Server system. However, more and more Gamers and even mainstream users are building multi-drive RAID systems and I'm sure they'd like something a little prettier.

Be Well!

Fireheart

i'd like to see something like apple did in the mac pro, looks clean, and it works, no cables... and not complicated, no deed to remove hole hdd cages, disconect lots of cables or anything, it just works!

mac_hdd.jpg

RaptorFury    0

that could work but it in iteslf be a nightmare as well . mainly because theres so many different mb configurations its not even funny . unlike apple , hp , dell ( which are junk from the word go anyways ) cm has to attempt to accomidate many different boards . as i said earlier the other companyies have a standard configuration and lots of comps get built the same way ...

iron_gr    0
":3q6uf8dl]

- The Cosmos.

Is there any release date for Europe?

I want to buy CM832, but maybe I can wait a while...

":xentuo6c]

- The Cosmos.

More info please, will be basing my next rig build on this :)

i'd like to see something like apple did in the mac pro, looks clean, and it works, no cables... and not complicated, no deed to remove hole hdd cages, disconect lots of cables or anything, it just works!

mac_hdd.jpg

Yeah, something like that would be awesome :lol: