Sign in to follow this  
abcaffe

8800 gtx and cross flow fan in my stacker wont fit

abcaffe    0

hi guys,

Stacker 832 and Cross flo fan with 8800GTX wont fit.im having no idea what i am doing now the power cabels from the gtx bother... pleaz help!

Addonis    0

I just received my Cross Flo today and tried to install it....I have an 8800GTX also along with the same problem as you. I don't think there is a remedy...we're just SOL. Sure would have been nice if CM would have let us know that it won't work with an 8800 video card installed before we wasted our money!!

ID    0

Click

The specs list the CM Stacker and the Stacker 830 for compatibility with the Cross Flow fan - it doesn't mention the 832.

You should always check dimensions before deciding to spend money on something that may or may not fit. Either way, you should be able to return it to the place you bought it from without too much trouble.

EDIT: I read in your other thread you have an 830. In that case you're right, CM should indicate that it won't fit with the card.

ID    0
Stacker 832 is identical to the 830 except for the front door. If it fits the 830 it should fit the 832.

I'm not arguing that. The point is CM did not recommend the fan for the 832, but they did for the 830. They should either warn customers that the fan will not work with this card or remove the 830 recommendation.

ID    0
I strongly agree. The fan probably came out before the 832, hence no mention of it in the recommendation.

It's been around for a couple years now, since the original Stacker. So CMs mistake is understandable, but the info should definitely be updated.

There are actually a couple of differences between the 830 and 832:

1287_15.jpg

Basically with the 832 you get wheels and the option of using an extended-length PSU.

grafton    0

will the cross flow fan fit in a stc-t01 stacker with a 8800 gtx?

and does anyone have a pic of and 8800gts in a stc-t01?

Fireheart    0

Crossflow Fan page now warns that it will not work with 12" or longer Vid-cards.

Be Well!

Fireheart

knud    128

A bit late perhaps, but here are is a pic of the crossflow in the sidefan tray panel.