Sign in to follow this  
JamesP215

How do you remove the rear panels to install a new pci card?

JamesP215    0

Hi Guys,

I just bought a new pc that came in the mail that uses a CM Stacker 830/31.

I need to install a wireless ethernet card but for the life of me cannot figure out how to remove the rear panels to access the screws that are blocking the cards access to the inside of the PC.

I realize this is a basic question and possibly stupid but if someone could please explain to me what I need to remove I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Maelphaedor    0

Here's a link to the product manual for the 832, your 830/831 should disassemble in a similar way. You'll need a .pdf reader plug-in installed, if you don't already have it.

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/Download/Product%20Installation/CM%20Stacker%20832%20(M)_RC-832.pdf

I was unclear exactly what you were asking, are you having problems removing the side panels to GET to the internal expansion slot covers, or were you trying to get the expansion covers removed without entering the case (impossible). Either way, the manual is very handy and should tell you exactly what you need.

JamesP215    0
Here's a link to the product manual for the 832, your 830/831 should disassemble in a similar way. You'll need a .pdf reader plug-in installed, if you don't already have it.

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/Download/Product%20Installation/CM%20Stacker%20832%20(M)_RC-832.pdf

I was unclear exactly what you were asking, are you having problems removing the side panels to GET to the internal expansion slot covers, or were you trying to get the expansion covers removed without entering the case (impossible). Either way, the manual is very handy and should tell you exactly what you need.

Well I have the manual actually and believe it or not its still not clear to me :).

Imagine you were shipped a brand new pc and wanted to install a new wireless internet card. I can open the side panel where the fan is to install but all entrances to the pci slots are screwed in with the metal covers. I can't get to the screws themselves because they are blocked off by the chasis and I can't seem to figure out a way to get to them.

If that makes sense I would appreciate any help you may have!

Thanks,

Fireheart    0

I think I understand what you're getting at, here - let's see how I do...

You want to install a new PCI-slot card, but can't, because of the metal PCI-slot covers. They are screwed down.

1287_5.jpg

And since the motherboard tray is installed in the case, they're a little hard to get at, overshadowed by the case structure, itself.

1287_9.jpg

It seems to me, the simplest solution is to partially remove/slide the motherboard tray out of the chassis. That will expose the screw heads, so you can get a tool on them - between the tray and the chassis. Not the slickest way of installing a new card, but you shouldn't have to disassemble your system to do it.

Is that the problem? Is that a solution?

Be Well!

Fireheart

what a mess. Try a hammer

Did this person get fired from CM or something? Seems a little bitter. This person's sole purpose in this forum has been to complain about any CM product.