Sign in to follow this  
SGT.ROCK

LED lights that come with the Stacker 830

SGT.ROCK    0

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and just purchased my Stacker and am attempting to built my first computer and break free from DELL! My question is what are the extra LED lights for that are included with my case? Are they just extras that you can mount or what? Thanks for you help> :D

knud    129

From what I know, those leds are just extra's. Does the manual say anything about it?

SGT.ROCK    0

It didnt say anything in the manual about the lights and the page that shows what should be in your box doesnt include the lights either.I just figured that they were extra also and you could use them for the four fans on the side or the space on top of the case thats for either another fan or hard drive. Thanks for your replies :shock:

tords0905    0

The first tought that struck my mint was that it was for the digital rapor see thru HD to mount in the top of the case... I am wondering about the same thing too. :?

SGT.ROCK    0

Maybe I should post this as a new question but I have the Evga 680i motherboard with a pcpower and cooling turbocool 1000w psu and I was wondering how I hook up the power button light on my Stacker to the power supply because the light plug is different from any plug on my psu unless Im not seeing a plug or something. :?

The extra LED are indeed for the HDD bracket for you to mount the WD raptor X HDD. There is a bracket with mounting holes where you install the LED so during your computer running, you'd be able to see the HDD spins.

Fireheart    0
Maybe I should post this as a new question but I have the Evga 680i motherboard with a pcpower and cooling turbocool 1000w psu and I was wondering how I hook up the power button light on my Stacker to the power supply because the light plug is different from any plug on my psu unless Im not seeing a plug or something. :?

Power button light comes through the motherboard, not the PSU. Make sure that your power button cables are all plugged into the correct place on the MB and it should work fine.

Be Well!

Fireheart

Maelphaedor    0

Power button light comes through the motherboard, not the PSU. Make sure that your power button cables are all plugged into the correct place on the MB and it should work fine.

Be Well!

Fireheart

In addition, the manual with the evga board has the polarity reversed on the power button as well as the HDD in use indicators, so you'll need to reverse them. And depending on the stacker you got, you may even need to mod the connector for the power button indicator, my stacker came as a 3 pin, the evga mobo has a 2 pin.