Sign in to follow this  
camshaft

Ultra Vortex Review - Installation Problems???

camshaft    0

Hey guys,

As I'm interested in the upcoming ultra vortex, I was looking around the web for more info and found this review on neoseeker.com.

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rid=80122

If the link doesn't work you can also go to http://www.neoseeker.com and type in "ultra vortex" and get the review there (click the reviews tab for the product). The performance looks good, but the review highlights installation problems on an Abit IC7 motherboard (which also happens to be mind). Has coolermaster taken note of these problems or considered them in the upcoming release of the product?

One problem was the surface mount resistors on the back of the motherboard being positioned under the back plate. But, as I assemble surface mount circuit boards in my job, I know that the idea of crushing a surface mount resistor would probably be difficult, so I don't think that would be a problem. However, if the back plate is made of an exposed metal and when in contact with the tops of the resistors shorts them by contacting both ends, then there might be a problem.

The other problem was the NB, because of the size of the heat sink. Would this heat sink interfere with the MB's standard NB heat sink?

Thanks so much for anyone who can address my concerns.

Austin

camshaft    0

Oh, I just realized that the reviewer, poiuy223, is a member on the forum here (saw that his post about reviewing the heat sink in the "ultra vortex release date" thread corresponds to the same review I mentioned) Maybe he could add something?

Austin