Sign in to follow this  
TrevynPaige

Wavemaster I/O panel and ASUS p4p800 dlx HELP!!!

TrevynPaige    0

Ok helpful peoples. I have had this Wave Master since december and I absolutely adore it. I could never figure out, though, how to hook up the "front panel" I/O ports to my ASUS p4p800 dlx motherboard.

I got the USB working.

Audio:

Wavemaster has the following wires:

Black

Blue

Green

Yellow

MB has the following pins:

MIC2

AGND

MICPWR

5va

Line out R

Bline out R

Line out L

Bline out L

The big question: What does each colored wire mean and which of the above pins does each wire correspond?

This is, seriously, killing me. I'm dying. For real...mostly because I feel stupid for not being able to figure this out on my own.

Thanks for the help!

WaveMaster has the following cables:

I do not remember the color but you could refer to this site: http://www.coolermaster.com/installatio ... 9f4615.jpg

MicIN go in your MB Mic2

MicPower go in your MB MICPWR

MicGround go in your MB AGND

L go in your MB Line out L

L Ret go in your MB Bline out L

R go in your MB Line out R

R Ret go in your MB Bline out R

Ground

bth    0

Hey dude,

I just went through :) getting the top audio on my wavemaster connected to my Audigy. Mostly due to Creative Labs and their lack of support for their pin configurations, but also for some skimpy wiring on Coolermaster's side (sorry, you guys generally have great stuff, but the audio connectors are weak and not proper).

In your case (and this is simply my opinion only, please try to verify this via the diagrams as necessary):

MB has the following pins:

MIC2 -- Yellow from WM

AGND -- Green from WM

MICPWR -- you're screwed. The wavemaster shorted the Mic/MicPWR, so really if you wanted this, you'd need to split Yellow yourself. Note this will work with most MICs, but it is not recommended to short these wires as done in the mic jack. I ended up resoldering the connections.

5va -- ??? Part of Mic PWR? (Typically MicPWR is 5va)

Line out R (Blue or Purple -- can't remember which is R/L)

Bline out R -- not needed

Line out L (Blue or Purple -- just try them and if reversed, obviously switch)

Bline out L -- not needed

My advice would be to try as above, and leave MICPWR unhooked.

-Brian

TrevynPaige    0

Thank you both for your replies. BTH - that is exactly what I was looking for...

This forum is excellent. I will be sticking around from here on out.

Thanks again to both of you.

TrevynPaige    0

Ok I thought I had this solved...but not yet.

So...I hooked the green wire to the AGND, the yellow to the MIC2, the purple to the L_out R, and the Blue to the L_out L.

So my front panel now works, but my rear panel (the one that is connected to the motherboard directly, no longer is working.

Any suggestions? I want both...not one or the other and I can't really afford a stand alone sound card right now.

Although I realize this is likely more motherboard support than Chassis support at this point...any help will be greatly appreciated.

bth    0

Hi again,

Try the bline out instead of line out. I'm guessing that it's "A line" and "B line" out -- if you connect to the first, it must be disconnecting the rear by default. Give it a whirl.

Not sure about MIC, but that says Mic2 so I'd think you'd be ok.

Brian

Varry    0

i had the same problme, lood into the manual of your mobo. It says you have to remove a jumper to make another audio panel word!!! Took me several hours bezfore i checked the manual!! Now note that after you removed the jumper, your WM panel will work, but your audio connections on the back of your case (theones of the mobo) will no longer work!!

TrevynPaige    0

OK....this is getting retarded. Just to test my theories...I used the right channel audio wire coming out of the wave master case and attached a thin strip of wire into where the pin would go. I then removed the jumper that is bridging pins LINE_OUT_R and BLINE_OUT_R and wrapped the thin wire around those two pins...as if it were a jumper. Guess what? I had sound (right speaker only of course) coming out of the front panel jack AND the rear panel jack!!!

This confirms that the jumper MUST be there in order for the rear outs to function...this also makes it possible to plug headphones into the front outs, but sound is now coming out of BOTH ENDS (don't laugh...ok...laugh)!!!!

So now with this info...any ideas on how I can rewiire Cooler Master's front panel audio or my mb to function so that if I plug headphones in the rear outputs will be disabled? This seems like it should be a fairly straightforward thing. Who wants headphones on when the speakers are blaring also?