Sign in to follow this  
badbandit

Difference between Stacker 830 Evo & 832???

badbandit    0

hi,

for me now it's time for a stacker...

please, could someone tell me the difference between the stacker 830 evo and the stacker 832? i can see, that the door is different. are there any other changes (length of cables, options or other things)?

thanks for your help.

Paten    0

1267_17.jpg

Besides the door, it looks like the only other differences is that the 832 comes in black only and that the BTX hardware and Raptor harddrive bracket is optional. You would think that would make the 832 cheaper and yet it isn't. At least it isn't at Newegg anyway.

badbandit    0

i have seen the comparison table.

i wonder if there are some less obvious changes. on thime they made a cable a little longer or agp-cards fit better or an air intake was added.

does anybody know about changes like these?

i don't know which of the cases i should take, but the last days i tend more to the stacker 830 evo in black (although i do not need the raptor x bracket). i am just not sure which door i like most.

I e-mailed Cooler Master and asked if the RC-232 would be SLI certified. Their response didn't exactly answer my question, but it does answer yours... The only difference between the two enclousures is the front panel "door". Internally they are exactly the same. (Which of course implies that since the RC-830 is SLI certified, so is the RE-232). The other "difference" is in that the RC-830 includes the "Raptor" hard drive rack and BTX conversion parts; not included with the RC-232. Hope that helps...

I just noticed that on the US site (http://www.coolermaster-usa.com) if you ::click:: the details link for the RS-832, it goes to the Specifications page and lists the enclosure as "SLI Ready". There's a link to the nVidia "SLI Certified List" but the RC-832 isn't listed there...