Sign in to follow this  
Grassmower

iGreen Power 500 too noisy ?

Grassmower    0

this week I put together a new PC with the iGreen 500W as PSU. Reason for the iGreen was the low nois level but this is a disappoinment. Either the PSU is not functioning properly or I forget to connect / do something I should have (not according the U< though) or the PSU is noisier then expected. At this moment the PSU fan is the loudest noise and the PC is in idle (60W consumption total).

Anybody out there with advise ?

knud    129

It seems like the fan is broken or the sensor is.

I suggest you'd return it to the store and get another ("garantie")

Und3rT4k3r    0

Hello, your case temperature is ok ? certainly the psu is heating and the sensor will up the fan speed... my igreen runs perfectly in my system, in hot days the psu do some extra noise, take a look in the air exit of the psu, check the temperature of the exausted air ...

Tkpenalty    0

Same story here, it is advertised as 22dba, all my case fans and HDDs are inaudible and the PSU sticks out like a sore thumb its like oooooooorrrrrrrr... Is it possible to change the internal fan without voiding the warranty?

No, its not a heat issue, the iGreen works purely on a %load basis... its just the fan at fault :(

axy    0

heh... i stumbled upon this thread by googling... after i just installed my brand new RS-500, and am too having this issue. im amazed at how precise TKpenaltys "oooooooorrrrrrrr" description is, mine sounds exactly like that. there must be a way to fix this issue without voiding warranty... since few of us would be willing to be PCless because of RMAing a perfectly working (excellent too) PSU, just because of it's fan. if i lived in the US, being PCless for around 2 weeks would be half acceptable, but not living in the US, it would be a pain, plus expensive, to RMA something for this detail.

i need this PC to quiet down... but i don't see how it's possible without changing the fan and thus voiding the warranty, or RMAing it, assuming (in my case) a rather expensive and long procedure.

has cooler master said anything about these fan issues? i mean, i've been doing some reading, and it seems that this is a common issue...

axy    0

im from Guatemala, Central America :). Shipping the PSU to the US would be around $25 out and 10 business days, plus whatever the RMA would take, then a week to reach my address in Miami, and $35 to get it back to Guatemala. Considering the RMA procedure takes a week (don't know really), I would be PCless for around a month, and $60 short. that's 75% of the price of the PSU, just to get it RMAed because of a noisy fan...

knud    129

I've send an email to brasil office, see if they can help out :)

I think they should be able to give some help here.

makem3    0

I would like to join the noisy power supply club.

Power supply fan is quiet when it is rested on its side but noisy when in it's normal position.

Wish I had found this post before I bought it.

Rgards

makem3