Sign in to follow this  
Dakon

Real Power Pro 850w cold boot issue

Dakon    0

Well the info on how poorly this PSU works has hit all the 680i mb forums and I would expect alot of returns to coolermaster of this product, and that is a good thing.

Yes I am bitter that I went throught this on a supposedly SLI certified PSU and that coolermaster had absolute 0 response when I asked for support .

I find that the intial user reviews on this PSU were good and now all of them are poor on various web sites. Makes me wonder if Coolermaster posted the reviews to give praise to their own product, as it obviously is not that good.

mws547    0

After exchanging the first coolermaster real power 850w psu with another coolermaster real power 850w psu I had the same cold boot problem. Replaced with a SilverStone Zeus 850w psu the Boot problem solved. Sure glad I bought from a local computer store. Took it back today and got a refund.

zaroba    0

i just upgraded my motherboard to an Asus P5N32-e and still having the same problem with the psu. unlike before, having both my video cards in it does nothing to help. so am RMAing it to exchange for another

650W is more than enough for 8800GTS SLI.

yes, but the 650watt coolmax i have isn't certified for SLI according to the nvidia website, plus with my 8800 not working, its a matter of elimination trying to find whats wrong. its only working occasionally now that i upgraded the mobo, so am thinking the card is defective.

Maelphaedor    0

I've had my Zeus in for a few days now and it solved all my problems, even some of the instability I had remaining after uninstalling the nvidia network drivers. System runs like a charm.

If anyone else is tired of playing "RMA Roulette", or doesn't want to start, I give the SilverStone Zeus ST85ZF a hearty thumbs up, and so does JohnnyGURU (best webpage about power supplies on the net, wish I'd found it before getting the CM)

Link to the JohnnyGURU review of the Zeus: http://www.jonnyguru.com/review_details.php?id=15

ts_123    0

Dear All,

The cold boot issue has been fixed already. The problem was with the 3.3v. This voltage was dropping to 2.4v at boot up and the power supplie's safety feature was preventing it from starting up. After many tests they determined that the voltage drop in the 3.3v was indeed the cause of the cold boot issue. What are engineers did was, create a dummy load to keep that voltage from dropping. Now at a cold boot the 3.3v stays at its normal range and doesnt drop to 2.4v. We should be receiving the fixed units from our head quarters soon, and once we do we let you guys know so that you can get your power supplies replaced.

My CM Real Power Pro 850W exhibits a strange symptom where, if I plug it into an outlet without a ground wire, there appears to be a current leak that ‘electrifies’ everything metallic on my case and connected components/peripherals – I get a mild electric shock when I touch those parts. The problem goes away when the PSU is properly grounded. Is this normal/expected behaviour?

---

Core 2 Quad Extreme QX6700

eVGA NForce 680i (122-CK-NF68-AR) P24 BIOS

Corsair Twin2X2048-6400C4 12-4-4-4 2T

MSI GeForce 8800 GTX

150GB Western Digital Raptor X

320GB Seagate 7200.10

Imation DVD-RAM drive

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic

Cooler Master CM Stacker 830 (Black)

Zalman CNPS-9700 LED CPU cooler

Cooler Master Real Power Pro 850W PSU

Dell 2407WFP + Dell 2001FP

whyviet    0
Dear All,

The cold boot issue has been fixed already. The problem was with the 3.3v. This voltage was dropping to 2.4v at boot up and the power supplie's safety feature was preventing it from starting up. After many tests they determined that the voltage drop in the 3.3v was indeed the cause of the cold boot issue. What are engineers did was, create a dummy load to keep that voltage from dropping. Now at a cold boot the 3.3v stays at its normal range and doesnt drop to 2.4v. We should be receiving the fixed units from our head quarters soon, and once we do we let you guys know so that you can get your power supplies replaced.

yay :happy11:

EsaT    0
My CM Real Power Pro 850W exhibits a strange symptom where, if I plug it into an outlet without a ground wire, there appears to be a current leak that ‘electrifies’ everything metallic on my case and connected components/peripherals – I get a mild electric shock when I touch those parts. The problem goes away when the PSU is properly grounded. Is this normal/expected behaviour?
Yep, normal for every PSU.

Dakon    0
Dear All,

3 months too late. Next time try some quality control before production as this is an obvious flaw with the product.