Sign in to follow this  
Dakon

Real Power Pro 850w cold boot issue

rmmix    0

Back to report on my Experience.

- Request for RMA 8/25/07

- 8/28/07 No response sent out second request for RMA

- 8/28/07 Received response to Fill out RMA Request form (I found this to be redundant since the original request has information needed for the RMA.)

- 8/29/07 sent out Filled out requested form and documents

- 8/29/07 Received RMA instruction

- 8/31/07 Shipped out unit

- 9/07/07 Unit delivered (This took a while USPS longer than I expected)

- 9/11/07 Sent out requesting Turn around time for the RMA.

- 9/13/07 Sent out second request on Time frame and now status of RMA.

- 9/13/07 Replacement unit being sent out. later to follow will be tracking number

- 9/17/07 Unit arrives in my hands.

I haven't tested the unit as of yet due to time constraints on other pressing obligations. I'm sure the unit works. The Unit does have the 80 plus sticker on it. I wasn't able to look in the unit to see if in fact the mod was accomplished. I gather it was done. If I open it I void any warranty. Even looking inside the unit it is very difficult to see anything inside. I trust every thing should go well.

All and all I think it could have taken less than 20 days. I could have shipped out the unit Sooner. I lost some time there. USPS could have done better job they promised 3-5days. Cooler Master needed a some reminders that they had a costumer waiting. UPS

In retrospect I should of waited a couple more days before shipping out the unit. The folks at Compusa received an batch of new units shortly after. I could have taken care of it locally. Maybe next Time. Hopefully not. Things should work out of the box.

By the way Cooler Master You got great reviews at Xbitlabs.com http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/atx-psu7.html

randbett    0

System won't boot with 4 sticks of DDR2-800-with 3, it boots fine and other two fans come on as well. Bad PSU? It's brand new! Asus Extreme Gamer MB,2- 8800GTX in SLI and that's it. The memory is Corsair PC6400 800mhz for a total of 4 gigs of memory. I ruled out bad memory and/or memory slots. I'm thinking it has to be a lack of power. Any help tech support? :cry:

Maxession    1
System won't boot with 4 sticks of DDR2-800-with 3, it boots fine and other two fans come on as well. Bad PSU? It's brand new! Asus Extreme Gamer MB,2- 8800GTX in SLI and that's it. The memory is Corsair PC6400 800mhz for a total of 4 gigs of memory. I ruled out bad memory and/or memory slots. I'm thinking it has to be a lack of power. Any help tech support? :cry:

The problem isn't the PSU, but your motherboard, you should flash the bios to it's latest version.

Also, windows 32 bit will only see about 3.2GB of memory, if you'd like to have the full 4GB, you'll need to install a 64bit windows.

TheCarp    0

Hi all,

Here's my little story.

I bought my computer in last October with the following configuration:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

MB: Asus P5N32-E SLI

Mem: 2GB kit (1GBx2) Ballistix Tracer

Gfx: Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX

HD: 3x Samsung HD501LJ 500GB (in RAID 5)

PSU: CM Real Power Pro 850W RS-850-EMBA (80 plus)

Case: CM690

Monitor: Dell 3007WFP

After I put together the pieces and installed everything it went well for a few weeks before the Asus board failed and I had to RMA it. Since I couldn't go without my computer for the 2 months it would take to get a replacement, I bought an Abit IN9-32X-MAX Wi-Fi (pricey but I had read good reviews of it).

I plugged everything back on the new board and it worked like a charm, even recognized the RAID array I feared I had lost.

I noticed the cold boot issue but I didn't pay too much attention to it at first cause I was just happy to have my computer working again.

Two months after that, on the same day the store called me to tell me the new Asus board was arrived, I got a BSOD and couldn't boot the computer anymore. I went to get the new Asus board and switched it back in the system but the computer wouldn't boot. I went back to the store to find out that both motherboards where working fine but it was the memory this time that wasn't working. As a replacement, while waiting for the memory RMA, I bought a kit of 2GB G.Skill (F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK).

Now my sytsem specs are like this:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

MB: Abit IN9 32-MAX Wi-Fi

Mem: 2GB kit (1GBx2) G.Skill (F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK)

Gfx: Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX

HD: 3x Samsung HD501LJ 500GB (in RAID 5)

PSU: CM Real Power Pro 850W RS-850-EMBA (80 plus)

Case: CM690

Monitor: Dell 3007WFP

The system is running now but I'm having what appears to but the cold boot issue. I can only boot after unplugging/plugging the power cord from the psu.

I checked and I have the 80+ version of the RS=850-EMBA (stickers both on the box and psu).

Interestingly, the problem seems to appear only when setting the delay for the power switch in the BIOS to on. When in instant-off mode the problem is gone.

Also, I noticed there's a lot of "electrical" noise (lack for a better word) since I installed the Abit board.

So, do you think the problem is with the psu or the Abit board or the combination of both ?

Thanks in advance for your help.