Sign in to follow this  
Dakon

Real Power Pro 850w cold boot issue

knud    129
I have the master cooler 850 watt standard WITHOUT the 80 plus sticker and I am having the cold boot problems. I notified my dealer in the Netherlands and he said the cold boot issue is well known and must be resolved directly with master cooler Europe support. I need my PC everyday as I work from home in the evenings. Is there anything that can be done for me?

Well, this is not entirely true. This is a warrenty issue and the shop must help you, you can even sue them....

But I can send you a new one, but you'll have to send me yours first.

I'll send you a pm with the shipping address.

ps: what is your dealer anyway?

kin    0

Dear knud // elessar,

does Real Power M850 (RS-850-ESBA) Power Supplies are also affected to the cold boot issue?

Maxession    1
Dear knud // elessar,

does Real Power M850 (RS-850-ESBA) Power Supplies are also affected to the cold boot issue?

The modular version was based on the improved pro version, so it doesn't has that issue. ;)

more info a bit higher in this topic... ;)

rusty    0

I got this PSU(RS-850-EMBA) at compusa (Honolulu) today and it has no 80plus sticker. Should I RMA it ? If I should RMA it then where? And how long would it take to get a new one back? Let me know if any other info needed.

Thank you.

Maxession    1
Should I RMA it ? If I should RMA it then where? And how long would it take to get a new one back?

The PSU unit works, it only has problems with the 680i chipset.

If you do need to RMA it for the 80+ version, see the procedure here:

http://www.coolermaster.com/contactus/contactus.php?id=104

you could also try contacting the shop.

rusty    0

I have in9-32max which is 680i mobo. Well then I'll return it soon.

How long would it take to get a new one ?

rmmix    0
I got this PSU(RS-850-EMBA) at compusa (Honolulu) today and it has no 80plus sticker. Should I RMA it ? If I should RMA it then where? And how long would it take to get a new one back? Let me know if any other info needed.

Thank you.

Wow I picked one up today also. I was hoping for a sticker on the unit. I Didn't realize that the sticker should of been on the box also. I must say I was disappointed. One thing is good that It looks like CM is owning up to the problem. I Submitted for an RMA. I bought this PSU because of the review and Especially from the reviews of the BIG Brother 1000w. I figure they would be using the same manufacturer of the PSU as the 1000w and It appear it is "E166947" RMA request submitted and I will report back with the final outcome with a time line.

einhander    0

can post pic of 80 plus psu? or is it really huge and obvious? i'll try to see if the store i bought from have them then i can just exchange it from there instead of paying an arm and leg for shipping off ground.

rmmix    0
can post pic of 80 plus psu? or is it really huge and obvious? i'll try to see if the store i bought from have them then i can just exchange it from there instead of paying an arm and leg for shipping off ground.

If you scan through this thread You can see The sticker in question

Matthew    0

If you scan through this thread You can see The sticker in question

I'm afraid, at least on my PC, al the pictures are "dead" (red cross)....