Sign in to follow this  
Dakon

Real Power Pro 850w cold boot issue

knud    129

It seems like you have the "old" version and you really need the revised version which has the 80+ sticker on it.

You can RMA it with CM USA if I'm correct. (through EU would be too expensive qua shipping costs)

chehalisjoe    0

Hi, tech support from Europe. No, my power supply DOES not have the 80+ sticker on it. I guess what really bothers me is that this subject first started in January and I bought mine at the end of April. At a minimum, that's 3 months that Cooler Master had to recall these power supplies.

The S/N is : RS850EMBA1070401494

Not sure when it was assembled, but 90 days is a little long to have a defective product on the market. Even if the problem is with only certain chipsets. Can you imagine the problems that would arise if the auto manufacturers sold a car that ran great, unless you used Chevron gasoline? There would be an uproar that would have trickle down effects throughout the entire product line. Think about Audi problem of many years ago. Or the Ford Pinto gas tank issues. I believe that's going to happen to you.

If I had my choice, I'd like to send it back for a FULL refund ( $ 249.99 )

and get an Antec again. You can bet that they would have resolved any issues with their power supplies immediately! They don't want their name to have bad "vibes" about it.

It's like I said in my earlier post, when you buy a "Premium " product, you expect the company to stand behind their product. Otherwise, I could have gone with a cheap power supply and not had these issues.

Thank you for at least responding....

chehalisjoe    0

Just an update for those that ARE concerned: I left a review of this product on Tiger-Direct's website and tols them of the incompatibility of this power supply with the 680i chipset on Sunday, June 3rd. I also copied the the post I left on here.

UNLIKE Cooler-Master, THEY called ME this morning and gave me an RMA number and will credit my account. They did this even after the 30 day window closed. They claimed to not heard about the incompatility issue and I directed them to this board. You can bet that I will NEVER buy another Cooler-MAster product again, and will inform all of the people that I know the problems I've had.

Cooler-Master techs should have at least responded to this forum....

Poor, in anyone's book!

And, please, don't contact me....

knud    129

Cooler-Master techs should have at least responded to this forum....

If you had looked closer, you'd seen CM reps and Techs had replied a lot on the forums....

knud    129
RS-A00-EMBA has this issue too?

No, this one a certified 80plus 1000w psu.

chehalisjoe    0

knud//elessar CM EU tech

My reply was to the US techs. You responded in a very timely fashion, and I respect that. Again, my comment was towards the US techs. Not to mention the 90+ days that Cooler Master knew about this problem...

I had read ALL of the posts concerning the Real Power Pro 850, before making my first post, just so I didn't end up speaking, without knowing what I was talking about.

I'm sure that I would have better feelings about CM if you were the US tech....

Thanks for your time, and don't take offense, this wasn't directed at you..

Hello Joe,

I am the product manager here in US branch. Allow to express how sorry i am that you had a bad experience purchasing CM products.

if i remember correctly for all the people that have been experiencing problems, we've already taken care and sent replacement units. I am sorry that the respond time was slow for your case but we did work day and night when we found out the problem to solve it.

It's really hard to explain at times but when we experiencing issues with products especially with PSU where we have to modify internal parts, there are a lot of process and testing involves and therefore the long lead-time. For US, unfortunately, our shipment of RMA replacement were held by US custom for more than 2 weeks include processing and shipping time.

I'm glad finally someone helped you from tigerdirect and apologize for the long delay in respond. A lot of time it's easier for our customers to service consumers who purchase product from them because they have a large team supporting. For us, sometimes we get overwhelmed with inquiries and sometimes human error comes to play. That however doesn't excuse our lack of response to you.

Please PM me your info and i'll look into why your case was not solve in a timely manner.

Is there anything that i could do to make up for the lack of respond, feel free to let me know and i'll try my best to help you out.