Sign in to follow this  
Dakon

Real Power Pro 850w cold boot issue

Dakon    0

I just installed this PSU to replace an Antec 650 watt that was underpowered and I also needed nvidia 8800gtx sli certified.

One problem, with this psu, my compter will not boot, unless i unplug the psu everytime and let it discharge, before i plug it back in and boot it up.

Any ideas? I did not have this problem with the Antec. I also posted on the evga site as to ? if it is the MB as it is newer and a bit buggy, but this did not occur, as I said, with a different psu.

Thanks

Dakon    0

I forgot to mention this is one of the best looking and quality look and feel (very cool colour) psu I have owned. :D

merovingian    0

I have no solution for your problem other than to try an rma back to the company you purchased it from.

I'm curious how "buggy" the evga motherboard is as I may use it for a build for my buddy, what are your thoughts?

Dakon    0

The board is very new to the market with bios that are still maturing. If your friend intends to overclock or run sli, then this is the mother board. The bios is very easy to use and allows for some very good tweeking.

I highly recommend you go over to evga and read through their forums. You will see what people have had problems with. I have had a few issues but I overall I would buy again.

As with every new technology, this has only been out a couple of months, expect for there to be bios updates and other fixes as it matures.

EDIT:

It is by far the best chipset/mb for core2 duo on the market now. I am at 3.33ghz air cooled and with my set up about 12k futuremarks. This is the first computer I have ever owned that I can run every game 1280x1024 with everything maxed and still get over 100-200 fps

Dakon    0

Well, after a bit of trouble shooting I turned out the Coolermaster was defective. I emailed coolermaster tech support for help, but got absolutley zero responese, so I sent it back for a refund.

This will be the last time I purchase anything coolermaster. The response was good here in the forums, but not from CM when I contacted them directly. ( Wanted to know acceptable volatage tollerances and min load required per rail, per voltage)

Merlins1    0

I have the same problem here... Sys. similar to above and I have to unplug the system.

Also, voltages are off?? 12v reading 9.12v and -12v is reading at 10.74v w/Everest. Is this just a bad PSU??

Has anyone at Cooler Master answered this or do they bother??

ts_123    0

We have contacted our engineers and they are now aware of the issues that you guys(end-users) are currently experiencing with this power supply. They are looking into this matter as we speak and are running tests on this power supply.

EsaT    0
Also, voltages are off?? 12v reading 9.12v
If 12V outputted by PSU would be really that I don't think you would be using that PC anymore. (stability would be enough only for paperweight)