Sign in to follow this  
mateohly

AG mini r120 not working?

mateohly    0

Hello, new to the forum but must post a help ? Have had a mini r120 for just over a year now. Up 'til now it has kept my cpu (P4 630 w/ht) pretty icy cool. About a week ago my system shut down and wouldn't turn back on right after that. I felt the pump on the r120 and it was pretty hot. Don't know if that is normal or not. I decided to wait a while and then reset all of the cables and the one card I have (video) just in case. I hit the power and it came on. I also have the ABIT AL8 mobo so so I went to the bios to watch the temps and the cpu temp was going straight up. I took the r120 off and put on the stock hs and fan that came with my processor and that seems to work fine although warmer than the 120 was originally. I can hear fluid in the pump but it doesn't sound like a lot and since the tubes are black I can't tell if it is circulating anything. Any suggestions? Does this unit have a warranty? Thanks in advance.

knud    128

The AGmini should not be refilled within 2 years. So that shouldn't be the problem. Did you hear the water before?

Maybe use some new thermal paste.

Can you "feel" the pump working? (a little vibration)

mateohly    0

Since I have had the unit now for a while I'm not sure if I could hear the liquid before. I do remember hearing what I thought was the liquid circulating (a trickling sound) before from time to time if I had the side panel open. I did finally try putting the ag back on (what a task!) with new paste and had the same results. Before I re-installed it I set it up on my desk above the case and plugged it into the ps. The unit did not seem to get very warm, since it is not sitting over the cpu I assume, and I don't recall any vibration when I touched it. I also tried to listen for fluid circulating but didn't hear that either. Stumped.

TheWyrm    0

Mine was making a gurgling sound every now and then so i took the rad out, with the pc running and just tilted it on its side, I heard a couple of gurgles and put the rad back in. Been good ever since. I think it depends on how you have the rad mounted IE: Crossflow or Down flow. Plus it also depends on if the rad is higher or lower then the pump. If you want to see an example:

http://www.54th-mdk.com/pix101.htm

Good luck!

PLATOON    0

Well mine just died. It is almost 1 year old. I nearly fried my opty. My mobo is still not working right. I call to get this taken care of and they will only send me another one just like it. I no longer have any faith in this unit. I don't know about you all but I think I am going back to the thermaltake systems.

TheWyrm    0

:shock:

I don't know if this relates to anyones problems, but from reading the reviews I have noticed that No one has posted if their M/Boards have an Auto Fan Controller in The M/B Bios.

I Know if you use the Molex Connector included with the kit U Go Around this problem, But if all you have is the Plug on the M/Board to run the pump this could be easily overlooked.

Make sure your bios does not have this option, If it does set it to disable.

Or better yet, Don't use it at all.

I had to Reset My M/Board like 4 times before the Fan RPM (Pump Plug) on the M/Board controller finally hit 2250 Rpm. Since then I have had no troubles. But if it fails again, It's back to the Direct Connection. I still think The Direct Connection Is better(Provided Your P/Supply Has The Juice), But to save wires running all over, The M/Board Connection is much tidier.

If you are able to Monitor Pump RPM Make sure The controllers Do not drop past 1300 Rpm. My Pump stalls at 1450 Rpm.

I e-mailed Coolermaster To find out Pump Specs and got a Link for an RMA. :knob:

All I wanted to Know was if the 1450 Stall was considered Normal.

If any one knows Please let me know.

I Used a Mechanic's Stethoscope and a fan controller pot to listen for it to stop.

After a lot of foul language I remembered the bios control.

:oops: