Sign in to follow this  
Bach

PC turn on in the shop but not at home

Bach    0

Can somebody help me please.

I recently bought a new game-PC. The power supply was to noisy so at mine request the shop put a CM 450-ACLY (active PFC Power Supply) in it. It was realy silent! But after 2 times playing with the PC for a fwe hours, the PC didn't turn on for a thirth time. Fans didn't move, only the green light on the mobo was on.

Brought the PC back to shop and they could easily turn the PC on. I took the PC back and at home the PC turn on for another 2 times. Back the shop, they couldn't find anything. At home, yes 2 times and then nothing.

Can somebody explain this?? :shock:

merovingian    0

Happy Holiday and welcome to the forums!

While considering your problem I came up with several smart :) comments and not one real solution and because it's christmas I'll spare you my standard BS. :santa:

I can't think of a reason why you would be at home and it would work a few times and then stop, then go to another location and instantly boot up with out any changes to the setup. I suppose it's possible that there is something wrong with the power where your computer get's screwed up but that doesn't explain why it refreshes itself instantly after being pluged in some place else so that when you bring it home the computer works a few times and quits itself.

I assume that you have in the past or currently use a computer in the same home and more importantly on the same circuit breaker as the current set up and you have had no problems. If it were me, I would try to turn off the computer at the PSU and then unplug it for a minute and then try again. If this works a few times and then fails again it may answer a few questions. Let me know how it works out in either case and I may have a few more ideas depending on your result.

knud    129

Is it possible that the computer gets to hot while gaming?

The cpu, graphics card, motherboard?

And what mero said about the power, is your power/electricity grounded?

Bach    0

Thank you for the many comments and excuse me for weak English.

Here is some extra information:

The first time I turned te PC on, the electricity was not grounded. But it worked 2 times for a serveral houres. By the way: the dozens electr. machines I have in the house always worked well.

The shop told me to ground the electricity and I bought there on their advice a socket outlet from Digiconect for 10 euro. I put the Digiconect in a non-grounded electricity outlet -for experiment-, and amazing, the PC turned on. But for 2 times. Then I put the PC on a grounded electricity outlet and it didn't work. It seems to me there is some switch in the PC that is only tunrned on if its feeded with good electricity and swithed off when when feeded with bad electricity for 2 times.

And the last time I came back from the shop: the first time there was no problem, the 2e time it started up when some devices where not on: I thought the keyboard and the monitor, but I'm not sure. I can't repeat the experiment because the PC doesn't work at all. Btw: my other older PC works always well, not grounded.

Spart1337    0
The power supply was to noisy so at mine request the shop put a CM 450-ACLY (active PFC Power Supply) in it.

He has CM power supply and thinks it might be part of the problem.

Wacft    0
The power supply was to noisy so at mine request the shop put a CM 450-ACLY (active PFC Power Supply) in it.

He has CM power supply and thinks it might be part of the problem.

yeah i totally breezed over that :oops:

Bach    0

The specs are:

CM Centurion 534

ASUS P5W DH deluxe sk775 PCIe

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Corsair 2 GB DDR2

ASUS EN7600GT Silent/2DHT/256M

WD 250GB Caviar

Zalman CNPS9500

Extra note: today I tested my PC at my office and the first time it didn't do a thing (I only connected the electric cable) and the second time, after I conected additional only the cable of the monitor to my PC, and it turned on. Unblieveable. I did it turned of and on for 8 times and no problems. I realy don't understand. See what it's doing tommorow.