Sign in to follow this  
Vito

Igreen 500w

Vito    0

Hi,

I juct purchased a Coolermaster iGreen 500watt and i have some things i would like to ask.

I installed it and looked at the back of the psu. There's a red LED that's (shows on the box) would light if the psu is on. But it doesn't light at all. Not even when the pc is off. I guess it is not wright but i don't know whats the cause of this. There is nothing written about it in the manuel.

What can be the problem and how can i fix it??

Regards Vito

zerospace    0

I suppose its possible that the LED on your unit is bad. Its up to you whether you want to RMA the power supply for that.. or perhaps attempt to swap the LED for a new one.

ID    0

Apparently that light has something to do with the iGreen's power failure detection feature. Here is what your manual says:

Power Failure Detector will light up when Over-Voltage, Under-Voltage, Over-Temperautre, Over-Current, Over-Loading, and Short circuit occur.

So maybe it's a good thing that the light isn't on, but I'm not sure. Someone from CM should be able to confirm this...

Vito    0

Thx for your replies.

Ik hope then that someone from CM will read this topic en can confirm this.

But for now i will have that in mind.

knud    129

You can send Ron a pm. Or send him an email, ron[at]coolermaster[dot].nl

He should know this :)

netshark    0

I have used this PSU for one month and I've noticed that the led turns on only when you turn on the PC, then it turns off.

And I think that its good that the led never turns on...cuz it means powerfailure, didn't it?

Vito    0

When you turn you computer off does your psu make a tikking sound?

My does.... I had that sounds from the beginning i bought it. But i am now thinking that it isn't ok.

Btw: I does mean powerfailure

Apparently that light has something to do with the iGreen's power failure detection feature. Here is what your manual says:

Quote:

Power Failure Detector will light up when Over-Voltage, Under-Voltage, Over-Temperautre, Over-Current, Over-Loading, and Short circuit occur.

So maybe it's a good thing that the light isn't on, but I'm not sure. Someone from CM should be able to confirm this...

Tkpenalty    0

The LED only lights up if there is any problem. It may light up upon turning it on but that is nothing. There is only a problem when you have it on the whole time, the ticking sound is likely to be your hard drive of the fan spinning up.

m0    0

When I woke up today, my computer stopped working. I really didn't know why. So I was checking everything and I noticed a RED Power LED turned on at the back.

How may I fix this?

Maxession    1

Do you keep your PC running 24/7 or something?

The possible reasons, as posted above:

Maybe it became to hot, if so, give it a while to cool down...the other reasons, I don't know what to do with those :?