Sign in to follow this  
mekon

NOISE issue with eXtreme Power DUO 650W

mekon    0

I went to the store and they say that it`s ok. So it`s problem with me, and I want to solve it.

Would it be wise to put Ultra Silent Fan Series (SAF-S12-E1) instead of his cooler (Globe Fan) , because SAF-S12-E1 has only 720 R.P.M. and 11.27 CFM? I am woring, because of these two factors, would they be enough to cool down the PSU, or I will have to use Super Fan 120 SU1 (R4-S2B-12AK-GP) with 1200 R.P.M and 44.03 CFM(it`s 19.8dB-is it less noiser then original globe fan cooler)?

If Ultra Silent Fan Series (SAF-S12-E1) is not enough can i put behind the PSU, one Ultra Silent Fan Series (SAF-S84-E1) with 1400 R.P.M. 15.75CFM to compensate 120mm fan`s LOW air flow?

coolers in my PC:

on rear one Ultra Silent Fan Series (SAF-S84-E1) with 1400 R.P.M.

15.75 CFM

on side one Ultra Silent Fan Series (SAF-S12-E1)

below the HDD one Ultra Silent Fan Series (SAF-S84-E1)

minhoca    0

I believe that 11.27CFM is not enough to cool your PSU, mainly in the energy consumption peaks.

I suggest the use of Super Fan 120 SU1 with its 44.03CFM.

This Ultra Silent Fan Series, is good enough to cool down the case, but I don't recommend it for components cooling

EsaT    0

Fans of PSUs are generally designed so that they're adequate to guarantee cooling up to full loads, switching to lower CFM fan at least drops maximum output power dramatically as minimum.

And depending from intelligence (or lack of it) of fan controller it can cause PSU to run constantly too hot.