Sign in to follow this  
FOP

FOP's Mods: Window Kit Write-up

FOP    0

I’m not a big fan of lights and bling so my mods focus on creating a clean and classic look with my CM Stacker and Window Kit as a start.

Window Kit – Produced by CM, Embellished by FoP

After spending the time to make the insides of my Stacker look so nice I decided it was time to show them off. I purchased a Window Kit from SunDialMicro and was pretty pleased with the basic design of the kit.

Buying the CM kit meant avoiding some Dremel-inspired fun, I mean mayhem, but I wanted to avoid the cheap-looking molding and uninspiring results of DIY window kits.

While the window kit is nice I wanted to add some personal touches so I set out to design some accents for the window. I wanted to mark my case with it's designation as FOP-ONE. But I wanted any accent to be subtle and fit in with the font and design Cooler Master had already added to the case.

I started looking for a suitable font and finally settled on one called Ultra 911. Then I fired up CorelDRAW and started playing. The design I finally settled on was simple and still sort of techie.

CM_WIN_DESIGN.jpg

With the help of a friend with a vinyl cutter (THANKS MARK!), I was able to make a custom etching of sorts that marked my case with its designation FOP-ONE.

The results:

CM_WIN_FINAL.jpg

Not the craziest mod but I think it adds a lot to the overall effect of my mods.

EDIT: I am disabling the photos for a bit due to some concern that these posts might bring undue attention to my entry.

Mr. Miyagi    2

I'm guessing these are like the ones that come on the Centurion 5 and Cavalier series cases. Would you know how to remove it? I've been trying to remove it, but I've had no luck. I've tried Goo-Gone, lighter fluid, paint thinner? I might just get another plexi side panel though. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

FOP    0
I'm guessing these are like the ones that come on the Centurion 5 and Cavalier series cases. Would you know how to remove it? I've been trying to remove it, but I've had no luck. I've tried Goo-Gone, lighter fluid, paint thinner? I might just get another plexi side panel though. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I assume you're talking about the sticker? If Goo-Gone and lighter fluid haven't worked I'm stumped.

Have you tried WD40? Sometimes that will take off things Goo-Gone won't.

FOP    0
How did you etch that cool label into the plexi if you dont mind. Looks great!

Thanks.

I designed the graphic in Corel DRAW and then handed it off to my buddy with the vinyl cutter. He made me a mask that I used as a guide for my etching. Once I had the mask it was fairly simple.

FoP