RM

Is my eXtreme 600W failing?

RM    0

At hardware monitoring I have these values:

+12V = 11.960

+5V = 5.191

+3.3V = 3.363

+1.5V = 1.257

the +12v and +1.5 seem to be lower than they should?

And sometimes it just wont turn on!

Thanks

EsaT    0

Software readings aren't very accurate.

And 1.5V (propably Vcore) isn't provided by PSU, that's produced from 12V input by motherboard.

RaptorFury    0

the best way to check voltages is by a multimeter . the software reads what the bios says . but just goin off your bios readings thats not too bad .

RM    0
the best way to check voltages is by a multimeter . the software reads what the bios says . but just goin off your bios readings thats not too bad .

Id think the bios readings on those values would be correct...

Heres all the readings:

+12V = 11.960

+5V = 5.191

+3.3V = 3.363

+1.5V = 1.257

CPU1 Vccp = 1.291

RaptorFury    0

just out of curiousity i never even heard of a 1.5 volt from the psu it has 3.3 volts Orange , 5 volts Red , 12 volts yellow the blue wire is the 5 volt Standby and the green wire is the shorting wire for it to be turned on . 1.5 is Mb specific for either Nb or Pci-e so those will fluctuate as time goes on . it is not un common to see your Mb to supply 2.1 volts to memory when you have it set at 2.2 volts and have the cpu voltage droop from 1.3 to 1.2 now the only proper way to test a psu is by removing it from the Case plugging it in to house power WITH OUT it being connected to any component of the computer and jumping the Green wire to a ground allowing it to run and then test each individual wire ( Mainly the Red wire which is 5 volts , the Yellow wire Which is 12 volts the Orange wire which is 3.3 volts and the Blue wire which is the 5 volt stand by ) anything smaller then those listed are Mb "SPECIFIC" as the Main Board makes that to power the rest of the components and it will Fluctuate ( or better known as Droop by us Overclockers )

RM    0
just out of curiousity i never even heard of a 1.5 volt from the psu it has 3.3 volts Orange , 5 volts Red , 12 volts yellow the blue wire is the 5 volt Standby and the green wire is the shorting wire for it to be turned on . 1.5 is Mb specific for either Nb or Pci-e so those will fluctuate as time goes on . it is not un common to see your Mb to supply 2.1 volts to memory when you have it set at 2.2 volts and have the cpu voltage droop from 1.3 to 1.2 now the only proper way to test a psu is by removing it from the Case plugging it in to house power WITH OUT it being connected to any component of the computer and jumping the Green wire to a ground allowing it to run and then test each individual wire ( Mainly the Red wire which is 5 volts , the Yellow wire Which is 12 volts the Orange wire which is 3.3 volts and the Blue wire which is the 5 volt stand by ) anything smaller then those listed are Mb "SPECIFIC" as the Main Board makes that to power the rest of the components and it will Fluctuate ( or better known as Droop by us Overclockers )

I am also curious now to identify this +1.5v setting

how do I "jump" this green wire to ground ?

Thanks