Sign in to follow this  
wayne

help with i/o panel needed

Rad-FHmod    0
Wayne,

I dont think your sound will work if you disable on board sound from your BIOS. Only do this if you're going to plug your mic and audio front panel I/O into your sound card. If you plug it into your MB, please enable onboard sound.

bbb, have you done this?.. is so, maybe you could help with this:

http://www.coolermaster.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=542

Thanks!

wayne    0

my onboard sound has always been disabled in the BIOS. I disabled it before I even installed the OS. My Audigy 2 sound card works fine. You say that the fact that I do not have onboard sound is why my headphone and mic are not working. I should have thought of that as it makes perfect sense. (duh) I'm sue that I have followed the instructions in the motherboard manual.

So the next issue is do I enable the onboard sound and risk having conflicts with both sound cards running at all times (not to mention system resources) or do I try to hook the jack and mic into the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Sound Card???

I believe enabling onboard sound is perfect if you do not have a sound card. If you do indeed have a sound card, i think it's best to plug the case's connectors in there instead of the MB. Up to you really. I always think sound card provide better performance than onboard sound. You could see the post by Rad-FHmod's for pin location to match with your case.