Sign in to follow this  
wayne

help with i/o panel needed

wayne    0

I have just recently gotten my new computer up and running. All is well except for the front input/output panel. Apperantly I do not have something right as my usb ports are not funtioning.

I wonder if anyone has a better diagran for the front panel than the one that CM supplied with the case. I want to double check all the connections in this panel. I have a Praetorian case and a ASUS P4P800 Deluxe motherboard.

Mr. Miyagi    2

Well, there can be many different things why your USB isn't working. Maybe somehow the plugs got shorted or they don't work at all. Have you ever had them working? I don't think you could have messed up with the plugging in because they can only go in one way.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

right try swapping the firewire and usb connectors round on the motherboard( i have to say that my friend and i made that mistake when i helped him build the computer the firewire conenctor was blue instead of oragny and the usb was blue.

wayne    0

It is a new configuration and has never worked. I need to recheck all my connections on this i/o panel. Therefore - what would be the most helpful is a diagram with the connections onto the proper headers. Than if I still have a problem I can try reversing the wires as you suggest............

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

it is covered in your motherboards manual. mine is red white green black

wayne    0

thanks guys - I got it! USB I/O port working.......

Now one more and I'm done. The mic and earphone jack. At present I do not have a mic on hand to test it so I'll concertrate on the earphone jack.

It's not working.

My motherboard is an ASUS P4P800 DELUXE and my sound card is an Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Sound Card. (I have the ASUS onboard sound disabled in the bios.) Should the earphone jack be hooked up to the motherboard or in this case the soundcard? If so where on the card?

Mr. Miyagi    2

Well, I have the Audigy2 but I don't have the headphone jack connected to anything. You should just run the headphone wire to the back of your computer. I think the only way to use it in the front would be to have the Platinum edition for it has the drive bay device.

Wayne,

I dont think your sound will work if you disable on board sound from your BIOS. Only do this if you're going to plug your mic and audio front panel I/O into your sound card. If you plug it into your MB, please enable onboard sound.