Sign in to follow this  
Toby

COOLER MASTER CM Media 260 with low profile AGP/PCI cards

Toby    0

I love the look of this case but hate the idea of using 'riser cards' and paying around $20 extra for them. So I wondered if anyone had managed to mod this case so that low profile cards could be used. I was thinking of using the GIGABYTE AGP Geforce 6200 with a low-profile bracket. Just hope this card is OK for HDTV. The only other card I will need is the PCI HDTV tuner but I could go USB if necessary. If only Cooler Master had included the option to use low-profile cards. Thanks for any advice.

Toby    0

Yes, that's true but I just hoped that someone may have done this and could explain how they did it.

RaptorFury    0

ohh okies . i am sure it couldnt be too hard to do . i would start off and trying to find a old gateway micro case ( the slim line version ) and snag them pci slots off of it ( basically i gonna have to use the entire rear io plate )

datura3    0

Yup, I did it and it wasn't that bad. I suggest making a new back plate using aluminum that you can buy on ebay or at Lowes. The ebay stuff runs around 1/8 thick and is awesome. The lowes stuff is about 1/32 thick and will require more ingenuity to make it rigid. It took about 1.5hrs to mod a back plate. However, you will need a way to cut your case. I suggest a dremel and a jigsaw.

rainerkern    0

this would be a nice add on from coolermaster :D:D

so that us guys with two left ands could also have the advantages of such a mo

greets