Sign in to follow this  
ToyMaker

RealPower 450W ACLX 24pin connector, no -5V pin

ToyMaker    0

Hello,

My current configuration is Gigabyte GA-81945P-G with Intel D805 CPU. The MB supports both 20 pin (current no-name PSU) and 24 pin power connectors. However, the MB user manual specifically states that pin 20 should be -5V, and this voltage is not supplied by the RealPower. There's nothing in the BIOS that allows me to adjust power supply voltages. I'm afraid it might blew up both the CPU and MB, so I didn't install the RealPower.

There's a 24pin to 20pin connector, but it doesn't really give me a -5V pin. Should I pay a restocking fee to the retail to get another model, or does CoolerMaster provides an upgrade for the PSU, so I can send it to a service depot to make it support my MB? What should I do?

Many thanks.

zerospace    0

Last I checked or noticed (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), but I haven't seen a power supply (real power or any other) in a long time that has a -5v pin. I think these are still made, but you're probably going to have to look hard for one--you may also want to contact your mobo manufacturer about it. ;)

RaptorFury    0

they stopped supporting -5 volts ( this started with Mb manufacturers ) . i do what Zero said contact giga and make sure that a -5 volts is needed ....

ToyMaker    0

Thank you all. The -5V and -12V on the MB are indeed legacy stuff. My Gigabyte MB accepted the 24pin connector right away with no problems. The system runs much smoother than before with the no-name 320W psu.