Sign in to follow this  
Lord

Ranking - Post your SuperPI 1Mb results! - update 6 april 07

Amodedude1    0

Guess you can throw me in :D , My best time was 35.578s.

BTW, Im runing dual monitors, so thats why the picture looks like that.

(and windows vista beta :wink: )

A64 3200 @ 2743.4MHz

DFI LP UT NF4-D

CORSAIR XMS 2GB DDR 400

Aquagate Mini r-80 cooler

th_21502_coolermaster_super_pi_122_414lo.jpg

th_21509_Super_pi_122_350lo.jpg

Lord    0
Guess you can throw me in :D , My best time was 35.578s.

Humm.... maybe, if you change the SO for best performance and the SuperPi at Real Time, this score could be better...

[]'s, Lord

merovingian    0
Dont go 570 or 590 if you want a good board go Msi 975x or dfi 975x i owned a asus 570 p5nsli mb and it wasnt worth a darn my evga Smoked it . I am now running a Msi 975x Platinum Power Up mb and this thing freaking rocks . my overclock dropped from 4.2 to 3.7 :evil: tho but only because my memory sux . ( samsung 533 ) my ocz crapped out so i had to rma it ....

Well, the nvidia C31 chipset cannot overclock very well but it does have more lanes for say, 3 PCIx16 slots in addition to several PCI slots. This would be perfect for companies like Dell who don't overclock their stuff and people who buy the $1k processors that don't need to circumvent a low locked multiplier such as the ones on the E6300. With that said, I wouldn't buy the intel because I want to be able to run two GPU's and still have a full size PCI-E slot available for a raid card. I wouldn't get the nvida because the $183 E6300 Core2Duo overclocks to speeds equal to the $1K E6800 givin the speeds offered by the intel 975x, upcoming nvidia 650/680i and upcoming ATI RD600 chipsets. Basically, when the board cannot overclock, your going to have to pay about (according to my calculations*) about $320 more to get the same performance, a heafty tax just for a motherboard feature, IMO. I can imagine it will be quite satisfying for the first person to run a E6300OC'd to 3.2Ghz and topple that $1k processor score. :D

Raptor, I don't think the ram shouldn't effect your CPU overclock if you're running a memory divider.

*Calculations assuming a bus overclock of 333Mhz from 266, higher than the vanilla 570/590 chipsets so far as I know, (correct me if I'm not right) and a 500mhz+ overclock for the nvidia and ATI upcoming chipsets. Overclock assuming anandtechs 3.6Ghz OC. So that would meant that you will need a 2.67Ghz core2duo to hit 3.33Ghz with the extra cache to make up for the lost clocks. $500-$180=$320.

knud    129

Today I ran some super pi tests:

33.687s with AMD x2 3800 @ 2629mhz

And Lord, update the first post :wink:

RaptorFury    0

on the 975x boards your divider is 1:1 or higher .. my 533 could scale the 1:1 with my cpu very well i now have the ocz ddr2 5400 back in and i am able to get 4gighz out of the cpu again ..

BigDK    0

Heres my best Super-Pi 1M time so far.

13.110 Secs

This was running on this system at 3.86GHz before I installed the water-cooling setup, so I need to start having another push soon and try and get under 13 secs.

13110superpinv3.jpg