Sign in to follow this  
tijean

Stacker 830 issues, it's a new world record !!!

tijean    0

I've been assembling computer for 15 years, for me and friends. It's the first time I bought such an expensive case and It's also the first time in my life I encounter so many problems with a case. This is really a poorly design case, it's a shame since it had potential.

1-First of all NO cards would fit without bending them first, incredible, why did they put so tiny holes at the bottom of the PCI slots ??? Even when it fit, my X-fi still cannot be fit in the PCI slot, so no sound for now.

2-The PSU plate would not fit my PSU, I had to bent a corner ! Antec neo He 550

3-Bad painting on plastic, full of black spots.

4-Door didn't close properly at first, but I work it out, after some scratch on top cover.

5- Side panels are difficult to close

I exchange my first case because of scratch on aluminium and bad painting and bad PCI panel. I thought the new one would be better, wrong it's worst.

When we pay 300$ CND for a case we should expect quality and no hassle. The whole PCI panel issue is inexcusable, I never see that kind of problem, a 300$ CND case shouldn't have this problem. I RMA coolermaster, I expect to receive a new MB tray, but this is a lot of trouble, so you want to buy a Stacker 830 ? Be mentally prepare :lol:

See Pictures

http://www.esnips.com/web/dgaj625sBusin ... ge=1#files

:evil:

bry1987    0

my stacker 830 also had a few blemishes on the top of the i/o panel but that didnt bother me too much. i also had a problem installing my antec neo 550 with the psu bracket. i simply visited my local hardware store, bought a metal file, and filed down the corner that was interfering with the alignment. as for the motherboard tray and the pci issue...i decided to pass on having to wait to install my gear into this case bc i was so excited and just took a flathead screw driver and broke the little rivets on one side so that i could bend them out and drop my cards in with no problem, which worked just fine, and you dont see them so who cares? as for the sidepanels, yes, they are a little difficult to remove, but once you work at it a little it becomes quite easy to get them off. i dont have the problem with the door scratching the i/o panel though, so i dont have a solution for that. and where did you buy this case for 300 bucks????? i got mine for 230 plus a mail-in rebate so i actually spent 200.

tijean    0

Unbelievable, you're telling me this like it was perfectly normal to go to the harware store to install your PSU. Also removing some rivets sound like business as usual !!!!

And you probably never told them like thousand of other who did their own modification.

I understand now.

Thanks you.

kbates666    0

Wow

Ok i know you spent 300 CND on this case and expect it to work but Almost any case you buy will have some problems.

two, I have researched this case and have found many sites that inform you of the PSU bracket, so you have only yourself to blame on that one.

three, the PCI problem is just a design flaw so yes it is not your fault but they are just holes.

And finally why didnt you just speak to CM Customer support, I am sure they would help you fix your problem.

P.S. Maybe all your problems were caused by the misshandling from the retailer you brought it from and not CM.

tijean    0

Hi, you didn't read my post carefully, I said I RMA coolermaster already, send them pictures as requested.

Sorry never had any problem with any case including thermaltake, Inwin, Antec and even noname. Come on, you said every cases will have problems, you must be joking or were refering to any coolermaster cases maybe :lol:

ATX case follow a well define norm with specs that exist since many, many years. Manufacturer use them. Or maybe I'm wrong and they just improvise.

I readed many, many reviews before purchase, none of them mention PSU plate or PCI panel to be a problem. Anyway since when do you have to worry, before purchasing a case, will my cards fit in the PCI slots ?

Come on !

bry1987    0

i would never buy a product that i didnt look over to see if it had any technical flaws and whatnot. i knew i was taking a risk when buying my stacker 830, but to me it was well worth it. i understand youre frustrated that your particular stacker 830 case had several flaws, but the world as we know it isnt perfect man...its good that you took the initiative to search for reviews on this case for flaws, but did you come to the cooler master forums and take a gander here upon purchasing?

and its not perfectly normal to go to the hardware store and buy a metal file, i was just giving you a simple solution. as for the pci rivets, i did not break them off completely...i just broke off one side of each rivet and bent it back to allow it to give when i dropped my peripherals in.

And you probably never told them like thousand of other who did their own modification.

them as in the forum community?

turtletrax    0

I am on tijean's side on this one. I read multiple reviews and not one of them said anything about the PSU plate. I did read some forum reports of some people having probs with the PCI insertion but never on a review.

I have also had many, many cases and never had so many probs. On top of it all I have been trying to get a response from cm for well over a week. I phoned them and they said to Email them a pic and invoice, and not a word.

Craptastic I say. Had high hopes, it comes down to how fast they help me out, but reading some other posts on the forum here, my hopes arent to high.

Funny thing is people make fun of Termaltake, and I have never had one problem....

Edit...

Just recieved tracking number for replacement parts. Has quelled my fears of getting hooped or wait forever on getting the case operational. Will let you know how it goes when I get the replacemnt.

Phuncz    0

I've had a stacker and I have worked on more than that in the past, I've never come across all the problems some people have.

I just recently bought an RC-830. Yes so the side panels aren't "easy" to remove. Well, they made a mechanism that is actually rock solid, the side panel mechanism that is holding it into place is all made of aluminum (except the locks). The fact that you can open anything on the case without using a screwdriver is remarkable, certainly on an all aluminum case.

Yeah it is easy on a case made from steel and plastic, you get all that plastic that probably bends it's way in. Not talking about the flimsiness some cases have with their side panels...

tijean    0

I didn't test it yet, but can I use one 120mm fan frame in the side braket and put it on the front ?

I want to use novibes 3 rack for my raptor since the 4 in 3 module don't really do a good job against vibration being transmit to the case.

No mention in the manual.

thanks

ts_123    0

tijean,

I didn't test it yet, but can I use one 120mm fan frame in the side braket and put it on the front ?

Yes, you can remove the 120mm brackets on the side and mount them onto the front.