Sign in to follow this  
Grump

Real Power 450W Awards from around the World

Grump    0

As seen in magazines on your news stand:

real_power_ad_750.jpg

The following messages were originally posted by our friend and former co-worker, titanx (Darwin), who was the project manager on the Real Power 450W. They are a testament to the team work and craftsmanship that went into the design and building of one of the finest power supplies available.

Grump    0

VR-Zone Editor's Choice Silver Award

vr-zone_silver.gif

Conclusion

The Real Power 450 is without a doubt a quality power supply. Enthusiasts looking to power new high end systems don't have to fear getting a bum power supply that will provide them with enough power for just about every type of use, particularly with overclocking. The Real Power 450 is Cooler Master's first power supply that brought the distinct look and engineering usually associated with the Cooler Master brand into the power supply market.

Grump    0

R&B Mods 5 out of 5

rbmods-5.gif

We definately do recommend this PSU for great performance and stable voltages. What about the noise then? I have never heard a power supply this quiet before. I had to literally put my ear to it to be able to hear the fan running and it also gives the good looks with the leds :) I also find the molex connectors to be better than the old ones and having the new ATX 2.0 support is very nice and gives this power supply a really nice boost! I cannot say much more than that we give this 5 out of 5 and our recommendations for a great performing power supply which is quiet on top of everything!

Grump    0

Metku Mod Editor's Choice

metkumods_editors_choice.jpg

Conclusion:

Once more it has been a priviledge to be able to review something so well constructed and well thought. Cooler Master seems to have a great track record when it comes to adding new innovations to their products. Yes, it is still only a power supply but this one made a good impression of itself. While the power consumption meter wasn't my absolute favorite I believe that for some it will offer usefull information about the status of their systems.

Water cooling is gaining ground these days but it will take time before we start seeing water cooled power supplies installed more than air cooled ones. There is also an option for passive cooling on PSUs but they usually have limited wattages and because of their construction they will not contribute to the general airflow inside the case. < 20 dBA is really quiet and there are many components inside the normal PC system that can keep more noise. That is why I feel that this PSU could be a perfect partner even for silent water cooling without adding too much noise to the overall system.

By including 24 to 20 pin converter with the unit, CM made sure that nobody is left outside. If you have an "old" motherboard with 20 pin power connector or if you are planning on getting that new 925x board to impress your friends, this PSU will be compatible. I'm not sure you care or not but this one will remain inside my computer system for sure.

Grump    0

ExtremeMHZ.com Extreme Excellence

ExtremeMHz_emawd_logo.jpg

This is one sweet power supply. Enough lights and toys without going overboard, rock solid and nearly silent operation, plus forward compatibility for the next generation of motherboards. So what’s not to love? The only item I would change would be the analog display. It’s great, but in our modern era of multiple colored cases and lights, the display should also be able to match up. I personally would love to see a color switching function like the Musketeer 2 used for voltage readout instead of SPL. All said and done though, that’s only a superficial item. The real icing is the price tag. With an MSRP of $89.99, this unit is practically a budget buy. With all these options, performance, and price tag, the Cooler Master RS-450-ACLY earns our “Extreme Excellenceâ€

Grump    0

Hardware H-ell Gold Award

HWHell_450_gold_award.gif

If you’re building your dream system, this is certainly a power supply to consider using. There are others out there that are as good or better, and many that are worse, but this one does not disappoint in any way. The load voltages stayed accurate, it put out a lot of power, it looks nice, and it comes with high quality components.

CoolerMaster has brought us a top quality, modder-friendly, well polished product.