Sign in to follow this  
TheWyrm

Aquagate Mini R-120

TheWyrm    0

Hi All, Just a Question, I am running a ASUS P4P 800 SE M/Board that has what is called Q-Fan Technology. When running Heatsink and Fans, It controls fan speed according to Temp to keep noise down.

My Question is, Is it safe to use this with the Water block for my R-120? Or will this slow the pump speed down and cause it to stall. There is no Auto Temp built into the CoolerMaster Unit. And the Specs and Instructions are pretty Vague. I e-mailed Coolermaster the same question and have gotten no reply. Just wondering because if this can be used to automatically control pump speed, could add a little more life to water block. IE:It's not running full speed 24/7. But am worried that it may slow down the pump too much causing the pump impeller to stall and burn out pump motor. Any info would be great.

Thanks

ThEWyrm

knud    129

I thought Q-Fan only worked with the cpu fan....

(at least my Asus mobo does...)

Maybe it's an option to connect it to a normal 3pin just for case fans?

Or use a 4 pin molex-to-3pin connector

TheWyrm    0

Yes you can turn off q-fan in the bios. But I just want to know if its alright to use it. The q-fan does control the CPU fan but only if the fan is plugged into the M/Board. My water block assy is plugged into the CPU fan plug, Q-FAN is turned off. My question is can you use it to automatically control pump speed?

Phuncz    0

Probably not, waterpumps aren't designed to work on other speeds than default. I think the chance to do damage is a lot bigger than the chance to not.