Sign in to follow this  
Nefa

Front Panel Connectors on the Centurion IV?

Nefa    0

ok, I have most of it worked out but need some help to finish up the connections. A diagram of this showing neg/pos/ground would have been sweet and saved alot of time.

On the front panel connectors I have Power switch (blue/white wires), Power LED (green [+], white [-], HDD LED (orange/white), speaker (red/black) and Reset (green/black).

can i assume that the black/white wires for any of these relate to the negative or ground wire for connecting to the complex pin-header of the motherboard? So anything listed on the mobo as either (-) or GND will get the white or black?

I think I have them all worked out EXCEPT power - my motherboard (Soltek K8AN2E-GR) is listing the connectors to be PWRBT# and PWRBT. i have no idea which way to arrange the wires. Blue to PWRBT (what the :) does this mean anyways???) Considering that I am having alot of problems setting this board up, i am getting pretty nervous.

Mr. Miyagi    2

-The black and white wires are negative.

-Anything listed on the motherboard as either (-) or GND will get the white or black.

-I'm guessing PWRBT = Power Button.

Nefa    0

thanks Mr. Miyagi

the thing that threw me was the listing on the power not neg, pos or ground but PWRBT and PWRBT#. At the moment i have the white on the # and the positive on the PWRBT. fingers crossed.

arranged the rest to have GRD or (-) to be black or white.

appreciate the quick response :)