Sign in to follow this  
CitrusC

Blue CMStacker Competition

CitrusC    0

Hey again,

I'm running a competition on Case.Closed for a blue CMStacker with the cross flow fan included, etc. Do any of you know where I could aquire a decent photo of the blue one?

I cannot open the box as obviously it is the prize so I'm a little stumped.

Regards,

Grump    0

I can see we might need a special section just for commercial advertising. That's what your site is and you can bet that other vendors who have their own online businesses will also want some free advertising space.

I took a look at the Stacker review and have a question about a couple of the "bad points" you listed.

- Don't expect the insides to be clean if you are planning to use a lot of drives in this unit. You will literally have cables everywhere inside it

I fully expect the insides of all my machines to be clean, no matter what or how many components are installed. I've seen other computers that weren't so clean. Isn't that on the builder/owner and not the case? Isn't there enough room inside the Stacker to route and hide the wires and cables enough? I don't see this as a bad point of the case so much as a bad point of the person building the system.

- I'm not sure if a special PSU has to be used for the secondary PSU slot, otherwise you will have a lot of un-needed cables trailing about inside

If you aren't sure, why did you make this a bad point? A phone call to Cooler Master, or an email, even a post to these message boards would answer that easily. No, a second PSU is not necessary. You can put anything you like in either unused PSU location. Even if you did use 2 PSUs in the CM Stacker, like the above situation, it would behoove the builder to route and hide the wires for the best airflow and cleanest appearance. Almost every computer has an unused line or 3 and finding a way to make it unobtrusive is a simple matter.

One other note I would like to comment on concerning your competition: If you are going to make spelling and "word use" (maybe you meant "syntax") a part of the judging, you might want to contract that out to a professional or at least an English major. Your site and content is absolutely beautiful, but it's rife with errors in spelling, punctuation and syntax. (The above statement reminds me of the importance of capitalizing proper names -- there's a big difference, especially in your country, in an English major and an English Major).

Thanks for joining the Cooler Master Forums and for your announcement of your Stacker contest. I don't see the image of the blue Stacker you mentioned, but I s'pose it'll be up soon. I didn't even know we had one.

Grump

Karma Ghost    0

:lol: You can't just put down all of his points. I believe he is entitled to his opinion, but I agree that those are rather petty things.

If you have any server case with a ton of drives, sure you'll have a ton of PSU, IDE, SATA cables all over the place. Unless you know how to fold IDE or hide cables, that is to be expected.

As for the PSU, put an Aquagate in the second one! Or get a smaller PSU for all the components except the hard drives, and then get a larger one for all the hard drives in the machine. In the end, yea, PSU cables are a burden.

But it is his review Grump :wink:

CitrusC    0

:? Thanks for the flame?

As your friend mentioned I am asked to give my own options on the cases I review, meaning if I see something as being negative I place it in the negative section of the review. As for the spelling errors, I'm happy to say most of them are in the features section which is normally taken directly from the designers website.

To be honest the CMStacker is extremely hard to fault, but as I need to negative points - even petty ones, then thats what I need to do. If the CMStacker included cable management or something similar then it would not have had a negative of that type.

I'm not quite sure if you are trying to be a helpful critic or an a**hole, or a combination of both. Please clarify that for me. And no, I did not mean "syntax". I meant the "vocabulary" used in the creation of the document.

Not everyone has time to chase case designers around asking them questions that clearly should be included in the case documentation.

..I hope your not this unwelcoming to other people new to your forums, otherwise I can see you causing quite a few flamewars - not everyone is as level headed as myself.

sklbns27    0
I can see we might need a special section just for commercial advertising.

I think we need a special section where you can be a cranky a** more than that. You honestly work for Cooler Master?! I think you just want to own your own BB2 chat thing and be the top guy on it (worrying about your number of total post) and have everyone worship you? I can't believe your stupid comment on the 'post your desktop' thing about the re-sizing. You're a dork! Not "Cool".

CitrusC I can't agree more with what you said. Why does Grump have to be such a jerk to you? You're giving away a free case! I give your site (that I've been to before your contest posting here) respect as your a seller who will actually write whats wrong as most people who sell computer cases would rather let you find out what could go wrong the hard way.

peace..

Grump    0

I am sorry any of you took offense at my statement. I thought I worded my questions and comments in such a way that no one would be hurt, but apparently I was wrong. My deepest apologies. I hope you'll let me clarify.

There are several members here who work for or own computer equipment retail operations. It might be nice to have a forum section here for them to advertise their sites and wares. I'm sorry if some of you disagree with that. Allowing retailers to advertise their businesses freely on the forums could become a problem. You may not think of this thread as being started by a retailer with links to his retail operation, but it is. I'd like to be fair to all the retailers.

I had a couple of questions about 2 bad points in the review of the Stacker. Only 2, not all of them. There are a couple of things that weren't even mentioned that could be legitimate complaints, but instead, it appeared (and has since been confirmed) that he was just trying to fill space. I didn't think that was fair. I'm a Cooler Master employee and fan, what the heck do you expect?

Wire and cable management features in computer cases is practically non-existent. The Stacker doesn't even come with a PSU. Why is it Cooler Master's problem that a builder or a PSU supplier isn't responsible for the routing and management of the wires? Why wasn't this same negative point made in most all the other case reviews on that site?

The Stacker comes with a part and directions on how to connect 2 PSUs, but nowhere does it say they are both required. Since CitrusC is a member of this forum, I thought it would be a simple matter to ask about it here. Running down case designers is not necessary. Bryant or I could have answered the question readily. It wasn't asked.

I welcomed CitrusC and was grateful for the contest announcement. I did wonder about the requirement to write a proper document explaining the proposed case modifications when CitrusC had so many spelling, punctuation and syntax errors in the contest announcement itself. I'm a writer, so I was understandably concerned about this -- at least I thought it would be understood. Regrettably, I was wrong.

So upset were some of you at my opinions, questions and comments, that you thought it was okay to call me names and even dredge up comments made in another thread. Let's make this perfectly clear. We have rules. We're a new message board and we are kinda flying by the seat of our pants here, but I have a lot of experience on other message boards -- some my own, some I have administered for others and a number of which I moderate on, including this one. Bryant is also a moderator here and we should be discussing issues like this. I value his opinion and I think he does mine. I am not the rule maker here, it's a team effort. If we have a rule that is not good or should be changed, we will discuss it and take appropriate action. You are welcome to bring these things to our attention -- in a mature manner.

One thing I have found is that name calling and accusations only create more problems. We don't want them here, whether you think they are deserved or not. So, no pissing contests. You can have a problem with me and hash it out like an adult.

At least one of you had a problem with my comments about picture sizes on another thread. We have a size limit here. You are not the only one here and we want everyone to enjoy the content. That thread is special though. It's about screen shots and a lot of people have large screen resolutions. That's why it will not be bothered by me. I thought I made that clear. Please read it again. If you have comments in reference to mine there, please post them there. I'll be glad to join you.

As for other threads, you do not have free reign to post images as big as you want. 750 pixels wide is the rule for now. We do not want to discourage those members whose screen resolutions are not as large as the more fortunate members with better monitors and display cards than most. You can always post a smaller image (and 750px wide is not small by any means) and use it as a link to a larger one. If you need help doing that, let me know. It's part of my job as a moderator here.

Once again, I am sorry for any misunderstanding. I thought since you all say an opinion is sacrosanct here, mine would be included. It was just opinion and questions you know. I apologize if you thought I meant it any other way. I never called CitrusC a jerk or an :) or any other name. Although a couple of you called me names, I'm gonna leave them. Don't do it again though -- not to me or anyone else. You will have to think of some other way to get your points across.

Grump