Sign in to follow this  
Boddaker

"Cool" use for a Jet-7!

Boddaker    15

Hey guys, thought I'd post some pics of my 737 case here, seeing as how I used the Jet-7 cpu cooler as the actual jet engine. It is functional, and serves as an intake fan for the case. Enjoy!

Final1.JPG

Assembly3.jpg

Jet-7cu.jpg

Mousedock.jpg

Final2.JPG

Final3.JPG

Final4.JPG

Final5.JPG

Its history in a nut-shell:

This case was made for my dad, who is a retired United Airlines mechanic with 35 years of service. He primarily worked on the Boeing 737s, hence the case design. I fabricated it totally from plexiglass. The Jet-7 is the only thing not hand-made. I even built a special vacuum-forming table for the sole purpose of forming the outer shell. The slimline slot-loading DVD/CD drive is hidden in the wing, and the rear horizontal stabilizer serves as the mouse's docking station and charger. Anyone know who the pilot is?

The entire project is documented in my worklog over on Gruntville.com. Feel free to check it out for more details. :)

ID    0

This mod is absolutely fantastic! Amazing work Boddaker, you should submit this into the CM case mod competition that is starting up soon. :wink:

Boddaker    15
This mod is absolutely fantastic! Amazing work Boddaker, you should submit this into the CM case mod competition that is starting up soon. :wink:

Thanks! If you are referring to the extremtech contest that's sponsored by CM, it's already entered! :D

knud    129

No he meant the CM mod contest 2006. Starting somewhere this summer.

But very nice mod, good use of that (cpu) jet cooler! :twisted:

Boddaker    15
No he meant the CM mod contest 2006. Starting somewhere this summer.

But very nice mod, good use of that (cpu) jet cooler! :twisted:

Oh, ok. I will definitely keep an eye out for it then. THanks!

misterLOBY    0
Hey guys, thought I'd post some pics of my 737 case here, seeing as how I used the Jet-7 cpu cooler as the actual jet engine. It is functional, and serves as an intake fan for the case. Enjoy!

Final5.JPG

Its history in a nut-shell:

This case was made for my dad, who is a retired United Airlines mechanic with 35 years of service. He primarily worked on the Boeing 737s, hence the case design. I fabricated it totally from plexiglass. The Jet-7 is the only thing not hand-made. I even built a special vacuum-forming table for the sole purpose of forming the outer shell. The slimline slot-loading DVD/CD drive is hidden in the wing, and the rear horizontal stabilizer serves as the mouse's docking station and charger. Anyone know who the pilot is?

The entire project is documented in my worklog over on Gruntville.com. Feel free to check it out for more details. :)

I believe the pilot's name is Otto from the movie Airplane. He was the automatic pilot.

-misterLOBY

P.S. by the way, awesome case

Boddaker    15
I believe the pilot's name is Otto from the movie Airplane. He was the automatic pilot.

You got it! I felt I had to employ someone competant enough to fly it, so I recruited only the best! :lol: