Sign in to follow this  
Drinkyoghurt

Aquagate temp doesnt differ on other fan speeds

hey guys, i recently bought me a aquagate for 3 days. the first two days it ran fine at 32-34 idle and 36-38 load on my amd64 x2 4200+. today i spotted something that could've made the tubes kink so i unplugged the tubes and started draining the tubes to cut a part off to fix this problem. this all went without a hassle. but when i put it back togheter and started it up the temps where very high at 38 idle and 40-44 load. i tried different fan speeds and they only helped reducing the heat by 1c when i run the prime95 torture test(used to be 36-38 ). now i want to know why this happens. the tank is fully filled. i should note that i spilled some fluid when trying to fill it back up(who doesnt).

can anybody help me with this? cuz im not pleased at all with this, my first watercooling setup. if this problem persists i will just sell the aquagate and build an own watercooling setup

stylish83    0

there is only two thing that can make this happen really and they are:

1) there is air is the system which will after a while when computer is in contanst use

2) the thermal sensor has moved from it previous position. this is probably why the temp is different now.

i had the same problems and it was number '2' for me.

ok, first off how do i bleed this thing, there are only a few little air bubbles left and temp has decreased by 1c...but tank temperature is still high.

DO NOTE that i do not use the thermal probe(the thickness of it decreases thermal conductivity :P ) my cpu isnow idling at 38c, which is still way to high for idle imo. tank temperature is idling at 34c. load is at 36c and cpu is the 44c(freakin high)....i got better temps on air with a highly oc'd cpu( p4 2.8 @ 3.5) which was idling at 34 and load 40. can coolermaster help me with this problem. because im just unsatisfied and if this problem isnt fixed soon this will be my last coolermaster purchase

RaptorFury    0

well you will still have air in the rad . where is the unit at ? in a 5 1/4 bay or out side ? also if the unit is in a 5 1/4 drive do you have enough hose to pull the unit completly out of the bays while it still be hooked up ? i am helping you not because you threaten not to buy a coolermaster product but because i Enjoy HELPING and their are loats of people WHO does NOT work for Cm ( like my self ) that enjoys helping others OUT !!!!! but rest assured if you were to use a HIGH dollar cooling setup You will still have to Properly Bleed The SYSTEM and by taking 1 hose off means A boat load of work to get the air out ...... I know I have a HIGH dollar Water cooling set up ( component ) and if i remove 1 hose to do whatever means at least 2-3 hours of chasing air out ........

ill make some pictures of how it looks, from the front, side, back, and inside the case. the unit is positioned outside the case, on top of it.

EDIT: here r the pics 8)

dsc034731fb.jpg

dsc034718gi.jpg

dsc034701ii.jpg

dsc034690ld.jpg

RaptorFury    0

ok good :twisted: what you will need to do is this .... but BE CAREFUL while doin this . leave the unit powered up and running . get a firm hold of the unit then rotate it to one side then the other . ( go right 90 degrees , then turn left 180 degrees ) do that a couple of times then place the unit back down properly check and fill the res . then repeat these steps but rotate the unit upwards 90 degrees ( so the front points up ) and lightly shake it then rotate back in the normal position rotate right 90 degrees lightly shake it , then rotate it left 180 degrees lightly shake it then back to its original postion check and fill unit ...

Edit : you may also want to turn the unit where the front points downward and lightly shake it as well . it will take time and loads of patience and most Importantly BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL .....

ok im not so shure about filling the res because its way to full, ill try all the other stuff though 8)

EDIT: ok when i do this, air comes rushin in the tubes and i hear some weird noise, is this what is supposed to happen?

RaptorFury    0

you need to chase the air from the lines to the res . and how i explained it earlier is how you get rid of it . . face up shake while up tilt right then left shaking it lil bit ( for short intervals ) then set the unit down check the res fill if required . if you have air the res will be low as you remove the air ..