Sign in to follow this  
Black Phoenix

Hyper 48 performance on new HP Mobo

As the title says, i need to know how Hyper 48 cools down cpu and other adjacent places (mobo, mems). The problem is i had allready used a lot of other coolers but only ZM do that for me as TR, but unfortunly it don't exist a 120 CU version of XP. I'm now with an SK Ninja but my mobo is damm hot because of the lack of air around. The same with the mem's... So for the ones that have one Hyper 48, how's performance... Another word, the fan can be controled by Asus QFan, or voltage don't interfear on the fan? Any more advices it will be great... Thanks...

RaptorFury    0

if your comp got hot with the SK Ninja then its time to look into how to better ventilate your case . because no matter what you use it will get hot . the hyper 48 is a darn good cooler from people i know that use it ..

An Stacker 830 with front disk fan putting air, back and up exausting, plus PSU fan exausting and side fan frame removed... Is that a bad ventilation? The problem here is that Ninja is bad for board, thats no other way to say it... Same with Hyper 6+...

xstax    0

I'm all for getting another Hyper48 user on board but what exactly are the temps you're talking about. What processor? is it overclocked?

My Hyper48 is running on a P4 Northwood 3.2 no overclocking and the reported temp it 27 C / 80 F. It's in a Praetorian with 2 80 intakes in front, 1 120mm blowhole, 1 80mm rear exhaust and 2 80mm intakes on the window. I believe I used Artic Silver 5 for the thermal paste. I also control the CPU coolers fan speed using an Aerogate II, and it runs at about 3000 RPMs most of the time.