Sign in to follow this  
Niza

Aquagate question.

Niza    0

hi, my name is Niza and i have some questions about aquagate.

i want to install acuagate for my 775P4 processor but i have 2 200gHD in a SATA raid that are always too Hot and my Video Card (nvidia) so i wanna know if the Aquagate can cool all those things or i need something else.

If the answere is Yes do i need to buy another thing to besides the 2hd blocks and the VideocardBlock to ensambe the this cooling system?

Do i need a better powersupply? wich one?

knud    129

What kind of powersupply do you have?

And what nVidia card (because the current waterblocks aren't competable with the 7xxx series)

For the hdd there are some nice waterblocks.

Waterblocks

Niza    0

I have a Gforce AGP Nvidia, and a 450watts power supply, i aready saw the water blocks my question is Can i put all those things together with 1 aquagate?

ID    0

Many people will tell you that the Aquagate isn't powerful enough to handle that much cooling. I don't own an Aquagate personally so I'm only going by what others have said.

Also, you'll need to be more specific with your video card... nVidia has made GeForce AGP cards for several years. What model do you have?

Niza    0

forget the video card, i only want my 2 hard drives and my processor, what do you think about that? it a P4 3.0ghz 775 and 2 250g hard drives. do i need amore powerful power supply? (i have a 450watts)

RaptorFury    0

i would recommend a bigger psu with the augagate , as far as it being able to cool , it be perfect for the cpu not for a multiple cooling set up ( what kills this unit is the size of the rad being only a 80mm rad ) . as for hdd's i still havnt figured out y you need to water cool them anyways you are not gaining any performance , if they are getting that hot then you should look into a better case for ventilation . and if you still feel they need to be cooled then a cooldrive would be just perfect and less of a head ache .

knud    129

The aquagate doesn't draw it's power from the psu, so I think you're fine with your psu.

kbates666    0

The Aquagate does not draw its power from your psu it draws its power from the main line to your pc weather it be 120 volts or europe. It work kind of like a splitter.

Niza    0
as for hdd's i still havnt figured out y you need to water cool them anyways you are not gaining any performance

I know but since they are use for Video editing having them cool will give them more life :)